belly fat

okay.. so, i've lost 15 so far.. have 49 more lbs to go. did anyone else get frustrated that the fat they want gone first is seeming to come off wayyyy slower than the rest? my arms and legs are getting smaller, even my boobs.. but right now it seems like my belly is going to be the last thing to go. >.< anyone else share the frustration??

Replies

• stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,186 Member
    Yea I was the same, I bumped up my cardio! All I can say is do lots of cardio and drink plenty of water. Belly fat is usually the last bit to go!
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    Yea I was the same, I bumped up my cardio! All I can say is do lots of cardio and drink plenty of water. Belly fat is usually the last bit to go!

bah! it's so annoying. at the same time, it's motivation :) i'm going to buy myself a HRM and a gym membership and cardio-it-up!!
  • WATRD
    WATRD Posts: 25
    It happened that way for me as well, but I guess I should have expected it. Belly fat was the first that I started to put on, so it makes sense that it was the last to come off. Once it started to come off 'though, it makes an obvious difference.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 584 Member
    I here ya, still got my moobs and I hate them but I did finally have l small nsv today to keep me going. I picked up my shirt for my brother to show him my weight loss and low and behold I found my upper abbs trying to peak out from the fat, and I am still huge. Keep at it it will go.
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    i've already come to the realization my belly will be the last to go.. lol annoying but just makes me want to work harder haha
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    okay.. so, i've lost 15 so far.. have 49 more lbs to go. did anyone else get frustrated that the fat they want gone first is seeming to come off wayyyy slower than the rest? my arms and legs are getting smaller, even my boobs.. but right now it seems like my belly is going to be the last thing to go. >.< anyone else share the frustration??

generally speaking the first place you tend to put on fat, will be the last place you will lose it. Keep up the hard work and you willl shrink your tummy
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,186 Member
    I am finding my arms and legs are now quite toned, but I am noticing that the fat around my stomach is slowely going,still looks horrible, but at least when I wear a t-shirt no one would know :)

Its hard work and dedication :)

we will get there eventually then we will be able to have abs like acg67 haha
  • I agree with Acg67 - First on, Last off

Plus I think it's really hard for women to get rid of the "pooch" - I'm at about 21% bf and it's still there altho it's much smaller and my upper torso is showing some definition. Keep it up and you'll see result.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 164 Member
    I seem to be going top down; face, neck, chest, waist...all smaller... it's just these darn legs now!
  • allofourdreams
    I am finding my arms and legs are now quite toned, but I am noticing that the fat around my stomach is slowely going,still looks horrible, but at least when I wear a t-shirt no one would know :)

Its hard work and dedication :)

we will get there eventually then we will be able to have abs like acg67 haha

hahahaha agreed!! acg67 has killer abs, prolly wouldn't look right on me but i'll strive for some sort of definition :)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Below is the best article I've seen explaining the order in which we lose fat. There is also a blog somewhere on this site using the example of evaporation. As she explains, water (or fat) evaporates at the same rate from everywhere. It takes longer for "pools" to evaporate because they're larger, but they're still evaporating at the same rate. Keep working, and be patient!

http://www.hussmanfitness.org/html/TSInsideOut.html
  • allofourdreams
    Below is the best article I've seen explaining the order in which we lose fat. There is also a blog somewhere on this site using the example of evaporation. As she explains, water (or fat) evaporates at the same rate from everywhere. It takes longer for "pools" to evaporate because they're larger, but they're still evaporating at the same rate. Keep working, and be patient!

http://www.hussmanfitness.org/html/TSInsideOut.html

that was a great read!! thank you so much, it really explained a lot :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    This is the case with pretty much everyone. You cannot determine where the fat will come off from so during your weight loss journey it will come off different places at different times and rates. I had and still have the same thing. Keep at it, you will see it shrink in time.
  • I hafe the exact same problem, After having lost around 3 and a half stones, most of it seems to have gone off my arms and legs rather than my belly where I still have a LOT of fat. It makes me think I will have to lower my goal as I can't see this belly disappearing in another 2 stones!