dating help

Options
acasey0123
acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
so today I did an 8k and I met this guy around my age, we basically ran together (somewhat), exchanged info and he said that he had fun and that we should meet up next week or the week after. Kinda freaking out here, what do I do???? I know that I would want to be friends first but he looked alright not like drop dead gorgeous an he was to be frank somewhat socially akward but not reallly, and plus hes into fitness which is what I want for someone to keep me on track

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You should probably...talk to him?

Go for a walk/hike somewhere in a somewhat populated area and get to know one another!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wait for his call, ask him if he wants to go running, then you can go for a coffee with him...let things go...
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Omg go on a date with him. No one says you have to get married next week. You can never have to many
    Friends.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yup, just meet up in a casual way and chat. Take it slow and see how you go. :smile: (He's probably as nervous as you are or more so!)
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

Go for a walk/hike somewhere in a somewhat populated area and get to know one another!

^^ this.

He didn't ask you to marry him, bare his kids, meet his parents. You said he asked you to hang out.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    You can suggest going for another run together or workout together. Meet up for coffee and get to know him and you can take it from there. Tell him what you are looking for, if you are just wanting to be friends, tell him that.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Awww... I think that's really cute! You should definitely hang out with him and see if you guys hit it off. He must really like you... it took a lot of balls to suggest that you guys meetup. And congrats on the 8k!
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Wait for his call, ask him if he wants to go running, then you can go for a coffee with him...let things go...
    Yup, just meet up in a casual way and chat. Take it slow and see how you go. (He's probably as nervous as you are or more so!)

Yes - all great advise!

What have you got to lose by being open to that fact that you might have met someone you should see about getting to know....take it slow and see what happens. You might end up with friend that likes fitness -- not a bad thing at all. Or who knows - I had a 'coffee buddy' I met with once a week as friends. We talked about our teenagers and shared parenting and dating stories - as friends. Well, we ended up getting married and couldn't be happier - 5 years later he is still my best friend and the love of my life.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    It doesnt sound like you are that into him ^^ I would suggest hanging out as friends like you stated, but it doesnt sound like it would be good to date him ^^
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you can't hang out. I'd let him make the 1st move, and go from there. Even if it doesn't work out, you might have a new friend on your hands. :smile: