Skipped Thanksgiving By Choice

Options
lumberjacks94
lumberjacks94 Posts: 135 Member
Not that I'm looking for support here, just curious. Did anybody else basically skip Thanksgiving by choice for whatever reason?

I work overnights so sleep during the day. It didn't really fit into my schedule, plus other things. More upset I missed football than turkey! I did have crab legs after work in the morning and a lasagna when I got to work though, so I did make sure I got good food in me!!

What about you??? Anybody else skip it?

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Technically, yes.

Doing dinner my way was definitely not traditional... No pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, no stuffing, no mashed potatoes, no cranberry sauce...

But I flew my mom down, because it made me happy :bigsmile:
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I skipped it because I had to work.

But I'm making up for it on Sunday. :smile:
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Skipped it also. But I did have instant mashed potatoes.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nope. I even made a "make up" meal the year we had dinner at my aunt's house because her food wasn't nearly as good as mine.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

But I flew my mom down, because it made me happy :bigsmile:

like!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I definitely didn't skip it, unfortunately I had two families to eat with and the second got offended I hardly ate anything while I was there! Its okay, had realistic portions and did a good job for splurging (I think). :D
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    As full as I am, I almost wish I had skipped it but in reality... I enjoyed the heck out of it :happy:
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    As full as I am, I almost wish I had skipped it but in reality... I enjoyed the heck out of it :happy:

Love this!!! Ha, I didn't skip it either no way!!! Exercised my butt off though and was in control all day, it was great!
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I got even luckier and live in canada.

No Thanksgiving in November *thumbs up*
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I observed the day with family but didn't eat traditional food.
  • misstonico
    Options

This is me as well!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize with shift work. It would be major taboo in both my wives and my family not to attend the get together, however food is not the focus just the benefit. That and we hosted my wifes side this year.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I sure didn't. I had TWO dinners.. Yesterday and today. I could of had a third: but it totally overlapped with my family's and it would of been a 45 minute drive. It was great though. I ate well and didn't have to cook. :bigsmile:
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    for personnal reasons I was about to but gave in & got that turkey for my kids