Accuracy of Health O Meter Scale...??

Hey World!

I have been using this scale for months. When it comes to my weight, its pretty accurate :D I love that, however I wonder about the body fat percentage... but don't have the money to get officially tested. I've lost weight but the percentage only changed about 1%. I was low on my protein for most of it, doing strength training and a few good cardio sessions, so I worry... I need to know if I may have actually lost muscle or if my scale isn't actually reading it right.

I am just looking to see who uses it and see how accurate/close the scale was to the official body fat check for you!

Thanks loves!

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    bump
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Hey World!

I have been using this scale for months. When it comes to my weight, its pretty accurate :D I love that, however I wonder about the body fat percentage... but don't have the money to get officially tested. I've lost weight but the percentage only changed about 1%. I was low on my protein for most of it, doing strength training and a few good cardio sessions, so I worry... I need to know if I may have actually lost muscle or if my scale isn't actually reading it right.

I am just looking to see who uses it and see how accurate/close the scale was to the official body fat check for you!

Thanks loves!

Scale weight is broken up into two categories: Pounds of fat and lean body mass.

Formula:

Weight x BF% = Pounds of fat
    Weight - Pounds of fat = Lean body mass

Lean body mass is the requirement for your body. You want to maintain that number or increase it.

Pounds of fat is not how much scale weight you need to lose.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your starting weight and body fat percentage and what is your current weight and body fat percentage. I can show you how to work the formula to help you see what you should be aiming for.

Scale weight loss and fat loss aren't the same thing.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Thanks a lot, those articles were very informative ;D I didn't realize the error was so drastic! My sponsor wanted me to track it, but I suppose I will just make him happy with inches :)