PROTEIN BARS?!?!?!?!?

Options
tjradd73
tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
Hey there!!!

I typically like to snack on a protein bar once/day to help me reach my protein goals...I prefer the lowest calorie-highest protein possible (since it is only a SNACK for me). What kind of protein bars do you prefer and what are the cals/protein content??

I just tried one tonight that was 190cals with 15g of protein...and it was great!

thanks ahead of time for the ideas!!

Replies

• shangunnell
    Options
    I like Luna bars...190 cal or less..6g fat (you can get them in various kinds)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I like Luna bars...190 cal or less..6g fat (you can get them in various kinds)

I have tried a few Lunas before...what flavors do you like?? I'm personally a chocolate fan! LOL
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    out of the protein bars i eat, balance bars probably fit your description the best. around 200 cal, 15 g protein, and they taste good. cookie dough, chocolate craze, and smores are the ones i get the most.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I recall Pure Protein being a good brand in terms of Kcal/Pro ratio but I don't recall the numbers.

Getting protein in a powdered form will give you much higher protein for the calories, but I realize this may not hit the convenience factor you're getting from a bar.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Quest bars...they are about 200 calories each with 19g of protein, and high in fiber too. The only thing is, you can only get them online.... www.questproteinbar.com

If you click on the blog tab, then you can get info and they will send you 2 free bars to sample.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    LUNA - CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT STICK!!!!!

omg they're so good!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks for the ideas guys and gals....def gonna look into these!!!!
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i like the pure protein bars 200 calories 20 grams of protein 0 carbs 0 sugar
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few Lunas before...what flavors do you like?? I'm personally a chocolate fan! LOL

I love the lemon, chocolate coconut, vanilla almond and white chocolate macadamia!
  • Olandia64
    Options
    quest bars are great. I love the apple pie one and the vanilla almond one (tastes like bit o honey)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Personally I like Premier Nutrition's chocolate peanut butter. It is higher in calories (280) but it is also high in protein (30g) and low in sugar (8g). I use them as a "snack" at work. I have them on my break - helps keep me full until lunch time. They are only $1.18/bar at Wal Mart - which is nice too. :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    i like the pure protein bars 200 calories 20 grams of protein 0 carbs 0 sugar

Just be careful with ones that don't have any sugar in them as they usually have a high amount of sugar alcohol in them. A lot of people have issues with digesting sugar alcohols (I know I do - that's why I bring it up). :)
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    thanks - I ordered my free samples of Quest bars. I usually get the Abbott Zone Perfect bars - I am partial to the chocolate mint and the strawberry yogurt.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    great ideas here folks...thanks!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    out of the protein bars i eat, balance bars probably fit your description the best. around 200 cal, 15 g protein, and they taste good. cookie dough, chocolate craze, and smores are the ones i get the most.

Balance Bars do taste good... i especially like the Mocha Chip -- yum! Pure Protein are good...so are Think Thin.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah! Bars are my favorite. 2 sizes, tasty like a candy bar and good stats. You can find them online.
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein peanut butter bars. I work for a brittle diabetic man and his doctor recommended the bars due to the low sugar content. I think the protein is around 19 and the carbs are low. I like to eat one bar before my workout or after. Darlene
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If anyone has never tried the oh yeah bar, when you try it you actually will catch yourself saying "Oh Yeah!"
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Clif Bar Builder, I love the mint/choc one.
  • mlindsay787
    Options
    Cliff Z--the one for kids are good. Don't have the NI in front of me. I like the chocolate chip and Chocolate Brownie.

Also, the Luna Oatmeal Raisin are my favorite for a quick breakfast...so quick and yummy!