Lurker saying hello

Options
As the title says, I am not usually one of many words, but thought I would say hello.

Lost ten stone two years ago and ran the great north run, since then have been plagued with personal problems and ended up putting it back on, it didnt worry me too much because I knew when I was ready I would be back. I found MFP and it is a marverlous tool which I have replaced my own spread sheet system with.

I am a short round deeply sarcastic 33 year old who tends to watch from the background rather than anything else. I suffer from hypermobility and am always in pain even when I am not moving, but I wont let that stop me now.

Anyway its loverly to be here, I enjoy reading the forums a great deal thankyou for having me. :)

BTW my profile picture is me when I had lost all the weight, running the GNR I hope to be able to do that said same picture again, perhaps not next year but the year after :)

Replies

• Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Trasijocha43
    Options
    Go for it, it sounds like you are back in the right frame of mind.
  • Purplerain45
    Options
    Hi Gabriall,
    Good to see you! Hope you have success!:happy:
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Go for it, it sounds like you are back in the right frame of mind.

Yep absolutely, having quit smokeing near on 6 years ago and biting my nails ten years before that, I have come to the conclusion that you will do it when your ready, and when your ready it wont feel impossible just be nicely challanging.

I don't think I appreciated getting down to the weight I did, until I realised I had gained it all back, and now I can look at it all with a much more positive frame of mind, I know what to expect and roughly when to expect it and anything I don't know I always research to find out more.

Asides that, I am a really quiet person, who has failed to be social in a long time, so its certainly a new thing talking to people about it for me :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I love your attitude :smile:

I'm also a runner who lost weight and regained it, and did have problems with hypermobility, but weight training helped a lot. Add me if you'd like ongoing support! :flowerforyou: