change of taste in foods you liked

Options
Hello,

Has anyone noticed a change in the taste of certain foods that you might have ate a lot of before and have now generally cut out of your diet? This morning while making my kids breakfast I licked the Nutella off the knife and was shocked at how it tasted. I would eat a LOT of this in the past and this morning it didn't taste that great to me. I've also noticed this with other things too...

Anyways, great site, just joined a few weeks ago and I've already lost some weight.

Replies

• CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I used to love nutella - now it tastes like pure sugar to me. I can't even eat it.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Definitely. You wouldn't catch me eating sweet potatoes in any form last year. Now, I eat them almost every day... om nom nom... so tasty. As well, I'd go for anything with cheese on it, and now I barely touch the stuff. That's probably the biggest change for my family to wrap their heads around. I used to consider cheese it's own unique food group, one which had a requirement of as many servings as I could fit in per day!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    My husband bought me a Dove bar the other day and I have only had 1 tiny square of it. I used to be able to eat a box of Little Debbie brownies in 1 sitting. Now 1 brownie is almost too much.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    yes, I crave fruits and the thought of super greasy food makes me sick!
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I guess it's a good thing, should make this whole weight loss and maintenance thing easier!
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I used to eat loads of crisps - cheese and onion - tried one the other day and it tasted like pure salt - i guess its cos i am having less salt in my diet now that i can really taste it when its there!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    gummy candy! Like swedish berries or gummy bears. The idea of that stuff now makes me feel ill. I'd much rather have a fruit yogurt any day!
  • Definitely - we had fish and chips tonight and I couldn't even finish it (and this was a HEAPS smaller portion than BMFP) and it just tasted like oil =S ewww!!!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Things absolutely taste different now - a tiny bit of sweet goes a long way, and without all the added salt and fat, you can taste the lovely subtleties of foods that you never even noticed before - it's amazing how our palate changes!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    I noticed now that i eat smaller portions that i now get full from smaller meals when before i had to eat more to feel full. Taste hasnt changed but cravings have. I dont crave the bad things as much. I crave it more if i have it more and crave it less when i have it less lol
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I used to love lobster. Now I detest it. I also loved all sorts of foods that I now can't even stand being around. Tastes in food, like tastes in everything else, change. It's rare to like the same things all our lives. Of course, some things stay the same. Food and spouses seldom do. :laugh:
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    ...I still love Nutella. I notice I'm less tolerant of fast food, especially mcdonald's burgers. I never had them much before in the past, but always thought they tasted good. Now I can taste the fakeness.
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Anything out of a can - green beans, black olives, etc. taste like metal to me now YUCK! My family things I am crazy.... but I like the fresh stuff so much better. I love radishes, cucumbers and brussel sprouts the most.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Totally! I use to eat lot of fried food and didn't ever really touch veggie or then carrots. NOW I eat a ton of veggies and love them! Never used to eat fish, now love it! I don't keep chips or any of the other bad stuff in the house anymore and when I do eat something that I haven't had in a long time, I feel sick to my stomach and get a headache (mainly b/c of my HBP), so I go months now without eating those foods now. I am loving every bit of this new diet of mine and my work outs too, if I don't work out in the a.m I feel so blah all day long!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    So far I still generally like the things I used to like, although I am mindful now that a lot of those things are better off being 'sometimes' foods rather than an every day thing, but I'm also starting to like things I used to avoid before. Like yesterday we went out to a restaurant with my mom and I got a grilled chicken entree with roasted spaghetti squash, grilled zucchini, and sliced tomatoes with balsamic vinegrette. 6 months ago I would have ordered either a burger and fries or a huge plate of pasta. And NEVER would have thought to order the vegetables. But I ordered them and they were delicious. So I'm getting less picky I think and more willing to try healthy things I would have avoided before.
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I had some cheese yesterday and it tasted like a salt lick to me. Not sure if it was an isolated incident though. The weird thing is that I haven't cut cheese from my diet at all, I just stay within my calories.