Need some help with belly fat blasting foods!

Options
2»

Replies

• MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    i also agree with the above..Lean Cuisine's are okay for a 'no time for anything else' meal. but if you eat them all the time, you may as well be eating junk food. The sodium content will keep your gut swollen with water retention. Also, drink insane amounts of water..........no soda, tea, gatorade, juice, etc.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My problem with the Lean Cuisine type meals is that for the amount of calories, it was really a teeny tiny amount of food. I'd rather make pasta or rice with some veggies, chicken or fish and a sauce and have a larger portion with more nutrients for the same calories and less sodium. I can stirfry a little meal for myself in maybe 10 minutes, vs the five minutes to microwave a frozen dinner. Granted, I'm out of work at the moment so I have more time, but when I start a new job, I plan on making multiple servings in advance and using GladWare to carry my lunch.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say, there are no belly blasting foods, just hard work that combines a sustained exercise program, a slight deficit, committment and time.

This. Just keep up the good work and eventually you'll get there. However, it might just be that genetically you store fat on your stomach and that you'd have to go really low on the body fat percentage to get rid of it. This is the case with me and my thighs.

And yeah, Lean Cuisines just aren't very good either. I'm a lazy cook (and just busy) and have to cook for toddlers too. There are a lot of things that can be made lower calories that are easy. We eat English muffin pizzas on whole wheat w/ turkey pepperoni, I just put less cheese on mine. Or black bean quesadillas is another good one. A steak, fish, chicken breast, rice and some salad. Or you can make some heavy side for the kids and the husband and then just skip it for yourself. Spaghetti made with whole wheat noodles and ground turkey.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I heard a mate say he heard a doctor on TV saying that eating lobsters while lying down help reduce belly fat too.

...what?

It's as plausible as all the other methods out there!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say, there are no belly blasting foods, just hard work that combines a sustained exercise program, a slight deficit, committment and time.

Another vote for this.

However, I would add that it is more a calorie deficit suitable for you current body composition rather than a slight deficit. Obese people can handle steep deficits and their bodies will lose a greater % of fat over muscle even in the face of a large deficit.

The leaner you get the less able your body is to deal with the same and you tend to lose a greater % of muscle over fat if you run it. Therefore smaller deficits are the way to go.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options

Another vote for this.

However, I would add that it is more a calorie deficit suitable for you current body composition rather than a slight deficit. Obese people can handle steep deficits and their bodies will lose a greater % of fat over muscle even in the face of a large deficit.

The leaner you get the less able your body is to deal with the same and you tend to lose a greater % of muscle over fat if you run it. Therefore smaller deficits are the way to go.
    Agreed 100%. I was keeping it simple. Now that my body fat is on the low side as far as an average is concerned, I'm now zig zagging to help lower my body fat. When I was 50lbs heavier it was about deficit, protein consumption and a heavy 5X5 workout and some cardio. Now I do more of the 12 rep range but with more tonnage and HIIT and cardio.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Another vote for this.

^ Great posts up here.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have a family to take care of and I still don't eat frozen dinners. It really doesn't take that much time or effort to eat nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks and you can eat a LOT more food - and get significantly more nutrients - when you don't rely on pre-packaged, highly processed junk.