Is anyone NOT happy with their Bodybugg?

Options
Hi all,

I've been considering buying one of these but I'm a bit hesitant because of the cost. I already own a Polar HRM and just wanted some feedback from people who have Bodybuggs... does anyone regret buying one, and if so, what don't you like about it?

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I don't own one but I used one for awhile through a program at my gym. My only issue was the program wouldn't work with Safari, I had to use Firefox to use the website at all. Other than that I had no problems with it, they're actually pretty neat.
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I had a bodybugg for about 6 months but sold it on eBay. I like my Polar HRM much better....... with the HRM, you do not need to subscribe and PAY for an extra program to see your results and track your food. Also with the HRM, your calorie burn is displayed on the watch (included - not sold separately) and you can use MFP to track your food. Just my opinion... I'd stick with the HRM.
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    they are on sale for 99$ right now!!!!

i love mine. the biggest downfall is paying for the website
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    the biggest downfall is paying for the website

Can anyone confirm this: Does the bodybugg do anything alone if you don't pay for the website? In other words, does the website only allow certain features or is it a necessity to even use the thing?
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I had a bodybugg for about 6 months but sold it on eBay. I like my Polar HRM much better....... with the HRM, you do not need to subscribe and PAY for an extra program to see your results and track your food. Also with the HRM, your calorie burn is displayed on the watch (included - not sold separately) and you can use MFP to track your food. Just my opinion... I'd stick with the HRM.

I would be careful about comparing it to a HRM. HRM's only track calories burned through your heart rate (obviously). Bodubuggs and Bodymedia Fit use many sensors that look at a WIDE range of variables that attribute to caloric burn.

Also, HRMs are not meant to be worn all day, just during moderate - high intensity exercise. Bodybuggs are worn all day and are used to determine DAILY burns accurately, so you know EXACLTY what your daily expenditure was (calorically speaking). I think they are something like 93% accurate? I ordered a body media fit because it also measures sleep, which I think is a critical part of weight loss as well.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the website, that's where all of the information is displayed and stored. If you can't see it it really does you no good.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the website, that's where all of the information is displayed and stored. If you can't see it it really does you no good.

Thanks.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options

Can anyone confirm this: Does the bodybugg do anything alone if you don't pay for the website? In other words, does the website only allow certain features or is it a necessity to even use the thing?

You HAVE to use the website (but I think there are illegal "free" versions of it floating around). There isn't a display on the device, you have to sync it with the program provided through the website to see and track your results.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

My sister has one. You have to pay for the service but it's only $7 a month. I don't think it works without the service. You can't down load your calories burned. My sister tracks her food on MFP now instead of on the bodybugg site.