Turkey Serving...

Options
Can someone give me an idea of what a serving of turkey is? I have tons of left over turkey and want to make sure I log my servings fairly accurately. Thank you in advance!

Edit to add: I don't have a food scale so I am looking for some kind of comparison .. like a serving looks like a ....

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    bump - I'd like to know too!
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    add it by the ounce, that is what I did, I weighed my turkey and typed in turkey dark meat, added it by the ounce.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Dr. Google says it's about a deck of new cards, like a lot of other meats, or about 3.5 ounces.
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Per Dr. Oz any meat is a palm size. Thickness as well.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I just measured 2 ounces of sliced breast for a turkey sandwich on my scale and it was about 3 inches long, 2 inches wide and about 1/2 an inch thick. I shredded it up into bits, and it was about 1/4 cup, well packed and slightly overflowing.

Here is 4 ounces of turkey chunks (a serving size according to my Butterball package) that's been pressed REALLY firmly down into a measuring cup -

WP_000117.jpg
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    3 ounces is the size of a serving of cooked turkey. 3 ounces should feel, weight wise in your hand like a bulb of garlic, or a bar of soap, deck of cards... envision a frozen chicken patty... about that size. If you make it into turkey salad, put on a plastic glove and make a cup with your hand...level it off, that is a serving of turkey salad (granted you have added some nice vegetables to it).
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Can someone give me an idea of what a serving of turkey is? I have tons of left over turkey and want to make sure I log my servings fairly accurately. Thank you in advance!

Edit to add: I don't have a food scale so I am looking for some kind of comparison .. like a serving looks like a ....

If you celebrate Christmas, that would be a great thing to add to your list, a food scale!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I always wonder if the weights in the database are cooked or pre-cooked...
  • newarkco05
    Options
    Thank you for all the answers! That was definitely helpful. I know I won't be able to get an exact measurment without a food scale but it does help having an idea of how much to put on my plate. I am putting a food scale on my Christmas list... or may I'll go check around online for a Black Friday sale.