New Year, New Me!

Options

Replies

• Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Today's weight = 228

No change from last week, but I'm not complaining since I haven't worked out and have over indulged on the cookie exchange my wife did with her coworkers....at this point I am just looking to maintain my weight thru the holidays with all that has been going on. Get back to the losing Jan 2nd!

Dave
    Great job on maintaining! That's tough to do with everything that you've got going on. :smile:
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I have been sick, sick, sick with a nasty cold. It seems that it gets a little better, I go running, and the next day it is worse again. I have had it for a week now, so I am hoping to beat it soon! The good news for me is that I am back down to 127 lbs this week. (That's THREE pounds less than last week, but two pounds above my lowest weight in the last several weeks.) At this point, I want to maintain that 127 for another week. I think I can do it even with the holidays if I can just get my runs in! Then I am hoping to go a little lower by the January 6th weigh-in! Maintenance now, then progress in the new year!!!!!!!
    Its great that you're back at 127! Maintaining this week sounds like a good plan.

Sorry to hear that you've been sick -- hope you feel better soon.
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I have been doing great all week and as I say that I eat a fresh baked peanut butter cookie my neighbor made. She had her son pass them out to everyone in the unit we share, lol. It was cute. I love the holidays but hate how weak my self-control is! LOL
    Glad to hear that you've been doing so well all week! Eating a few cookies is fine. :smile:
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Thanks Mimi! I see your updates and you are burning calories like it's cool!! Proud of you!
    Thanks Wimberly! Unfortunately I did really badly last week but will try to do better this coming week!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    I'm really embarrassed to report that this past week has been a complete disaster. Work was very hectic, and I ended up only exercising on 2 days and eating a lot of the holiday sweets around the office every day because I was stressed. What's worse is that when co-workers talked to me about what they would be doing with their families during the holiday break next week (my company has holidays all of next week), a lot of the emotions from my break up last month got stirred up again and I got really depressed on top of being stressed. My eating went out of control and I ended up having big late night binges almost every night.

I'm sure that I gained a lot of weight this week, and doing a weigh-in now would demoralizing...so I'm going to skip the weigh-in this week. This coming week I'm going to work on re-establishing my eating and exercise routine, and try to get my eating stabilized. I going to get started on that next Mon., since I have big holiday meals with family scheduled for this weekend. Hopefully I can get my weight down by next Friday's weigh-in!

I am so sorry hun :*( you do not deserve to be sad like that. You're such a positive person and so friendly! I hope you have as good a Christmas as you can. I will be thinking about you!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    I lost a bit more! 123.5 is what I am sticking to. The scale went as low as 123.0 but I would rather over estimate than under. Today I am baking sugar cookies with the hubs and watching A Christmas Story later this evening and popping a pizza in the oven. I am exercising as normal, but laxing on the food just today and tomorrow. I love being a real human sometimes :) especially when I really try and wait for special days like today! Merry Chrismas Eve everyone!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I'm really embarrassed to report that this past week has been a complete disaster. Work was very hectic, and I ended up only exercising on 2 days and eating a lot of the holiday sweets around the office every day because I was stressed. What's worse is that when co-workers talked to me about what they would be doing with their families during the holiday break next week (my company has holidays all of next week), a lot of the emotions from my break up last month got stirred up again and I got really depressed on top of being stressed. My eating went out of control and I ended up having big late night binges almost every night.

I'm sure that I gained a lot of weight this week, and doing a weigh-in now would demoralizing...so I'm going to skip the weigh-in this week. This coming week I'm going to work on re-establishing my eating and exercise routine, and try to get my eating stabilized. I going to get started on that next Mon., since I have big holiday meals with family scheduled for this weekend. Hopefully I can get my weight down by next Friday's weigh-in!

I am so sorry hun :*( you do not deserve to be sad like that. You're such a positive person and so friendly! I hope you have as good a Christmas as you can. I will be thinking about you!
    Thanks Wimberly! I really appreciate the thought. :flowerforyou:

The past 6 days have been pretty rough emotionally -- I ended up not exercising at all and having bad binges every day. I felt like I was in a dark place and had lost all motivation. This morning I did some self reflection and regrouped. For the first time in 6 days, I did my usual workout and have followed my eating plan the whole day so far. After I did my workout, I felt like I had started to climb out of a dark pit. I thing its going to continue to be pretty tough emotionally for some time, but I'm going to fight this one day at a time, and focus on sticking to my exercise/food plans for the rest of our challenge (and beyond!). :)
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I lost a bit more! 123.5 is what I am sticking to. The scale went as low as 123.0 but I would rather over estimate than under. Today I am baking sugar cookies with the hubs and watching A Christmas Story later this evening and popping a pizza in the oven. I am exercising as normal, but laxing on the food just today and tomorrow. I love being a real human sometimes :) especially when I really try and wait for special days like today! Merry Chrismas Eve everyone!
    Great job, Wimberly! Congrats on doing so well with the food and exercise! Glad you're having a great Christmas!
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sorry, been MIA for awhile due to the holiday madness. :) Forgot to weigh in on Friday, so my weight today was 184.8. I think if we are going by weight gain, I am doing pretty good for myself, lol! Well this Friday, I will be pushing to lower the number on the scale. ;) Good luck everyone and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas (or weekend if you do not celebrate).
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Question: Does anyone really know the actual calories burned during walking, jogging, or elliptical vs. what MFP calculates them to being? I was just wondering if I am really burning what I think I am lol.
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Weight loss goal: 7.0 lbs
    Weight loss total: 2.2 lbs (Week 5)

Week 0: 136.8 (
    ) -- starting weight
    Week 1: 137.6 (+ .8 lbs) -- constant binging
    Week 2: 133.2 (-4.4 lbs)
    Week 3: 133.2 ( 0.0 lbs) -- binged on 2 days
    Week 4:
    -- constant binging
    Week 5: 134.8 ( 0.0 lbs) -- binged on 2 days / sick

Ugh, I've been doing really badly on this challenge so far. I started to get back on track at the beginning of this week -- when my company started the 1 week holiday break and I was able to get a handle on the stress induced binging -- but yesterday I started getting sick. I'm pretty sick right now, so I won't be exercising for awhile. But I might have a calorie deficit anyway because I don't have any appetite! Yesterday I had a ~500 cal deficit because I didn't feel like eating. :ohwell:
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, guys...I feel like I've let all of you down as well as myself. I totally indulged in the high-calorie foods with little to no exercise the past 2 1/2 weeks and am up 5 lbs!!! :sad:
    Those 5 lbs were not easy to lose in the first place so I am very discouraged with myself. Doing my best to get back on track & on focus.
    Congrats to those of you who have managed to lose or maintain during the holiday season! I need you to kick my tail into gear, I think! :wink:
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for showing your support when I mentioned my teenage daughter problems.

I'm sorry I've disapeared...I feel like I went to a dark place for a couple of weeks (gained 8 lbs since my last log in)...I just kind of stopped carring. It's been one thing after another the last few weeks but the main reason I didn't log in is because I'm ashamed of myself for letting it get this far! I feel better now and am ready to get my head back in the game.

I'm really excited for the New Year and have a lot of changes I would like to make as of the 1st!!

Happy New Year and I hope everybody is doing good!!!!
  • mobskee
    Options
    Question: Does anyone really know the actual calories burned during walking, jogging, or elliptical vs. what MFP calculates them to being? I was just wondering if I am really burning what I think I am lol.

Try this site

http://fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp
  • mobskee
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time Mimi! I hope you feel a little better....it must have been tough but I hope you had a good Christmas! Stay strong! The new year is almost here which in my eyes means a chance for new beginings :flowerforyou:
  • mobskee
    Options
    Check it out! Update spreadsheet:

http://www.schmole.com/myfitnesspal/resultsNY2012.htm

Hope everyone is hanging in there during these temptation-ridden times! And hope you are all enjoying some time with friends/family/loved ones!

I have been sick, sick, sick with a nasty cold. It seems that it gets a little better, I go running, and the next day it is worse again. I have had it for a week now, so I am hoping to beat it soon! The good news for me is that I am back down to 127 lbs this week. (That's THREE pounds less than last week, but two pounds above my lowest weight in the last several weeks.) At this point, I want to maintain that 127 for another week. I think I can do it even with the holidays if I can just get my runs in! Then I am hoping to go a little lower by the January 6th weigh-in! Maintenance now, then progress in the new year!!!!!!!

Kudos to Dave - the new daddy - on maintaining this week. :)

Nice comeback with the loss :flowerforyou: You really should let your body rest when you're sick instead of going for runs. Being healthy is what's most important. I'm so glad to be back...I missed my MFP friends :smile:
  • mobskee
    Options
    Wooohoo 123.8! I lost the .6 I gained plus another .2! Small steps but I am okay with that. It is harder to get rid of weight the smaller I get I am assuming my body is trying to hold onto the fat it has left but I have a couple pounds to spare! I am only 5 ft 2 lol

Good Job!! Little loses add up over time and you haven't gained during the holiday season. WTG!
  • mobskee
    Options
    I'm so sorry, guys...I feel like I've let all of you down as well as myself. I totally indulged in the high-calorie foods with little to no exercise the past 2 1/2 weeks and am up 5 lbs!!! :sad:
    Those 5 lbs were not easy to lose in the first place so I am very discouraged with myself. Doing my best to get back on track & on focus.
    Congrats to those of you who have managed to lose or maintain during the holiday season! I need you to kick my tail into gear, I think! :wink:

Sounds like you were in the same boat as me....I kind of just stopped carring. I've very inspired by the new year though...I bet we can knock this weight off in no time :happy:
  • MarineWifey09
    Options

Try this site

http://fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

Thank you so much sorry I am just seeing this!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    @ Joy -- it looks like like lot of us (myself included) have been struggling during the past few weeks. All of the food floating around during the holidays make it a lot tougher to stay on track. Just put it behind you and do well in 2012!