Made a good decision!

So I'm a high school girls basketball coach and my dad's a hs boys varsity coach. He's been coaching since before I was born. As I grew up going to basketball games, I also grew up associating fast food with basketball :tongue: It'd get so busy during bball season that we were out eating almost every night. It kinda became a comforting thing to me :ohwell: Well it's bball season again and last night we had our first league game (we won!) I had to be at the gym at 4 to watch the frosh game before us. Our game was @ 5:30 and varsity was at 7. So I didn't get home until 9ish. I had a kashi granola bar as a snack during the frosh game so I was pretty hungry by the time I got home. My mom and I were like what should we do? McDonalds was sounding pretty good and we both wanted it. I mean, that's what we've always done...fast food after the games! But we decided not to go. We went straight home and made a good dinner :happy: I'm so proud of us! Since this really is a lifestyle change, I have to change my habits and last night I made a good decision. Yay!

:heart: Kels

Replies

• Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    So I'm a high school girls basketball coach and my dad's a hs boys varsity coach. He's been coaching since before I was born. As I grew up going to basketball games, I also grew up associating fast food with basketball :tongue: It'd get so busy during bball season that we were out eating almost every night. It kinda became a comforting thing to me :ohwell: Well it's bball season again and last night we had our first league game (we won!) I had to be at the gym at 4 to watch the frosh game before us. Our game was @ 5:30 and varsity was at 7. So I didn't get home until 9ish. I had a kashi granola bar as a snack during the frosh game so I was pretty hungry by the time I got home. My mom and I were like what should we do? McDonalds was sounding pretty good and we both wanted it. I mean, that's what we've always done...fast food after the games! But we decided not to go. We went straight home and made a good dinner :happy: I'm so proud of us! Since this really is a lifestyle change, I have to change my habits and last night I made a good decision. Yay!

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Way to go!!! Keep it up!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Yay!!!! That is awesome! Those kinds of changes are the most important, because once you become comfortable with making the decision to eat healthy rather than what's easy, it will become second nature for you.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    KWELL!! :bigsmile: WAY TO GO!
    I am VERY proud of you!
    --Diann...
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    It takes alot of control and foresight to make those wise choices, the more we make, the closer we are to our goals. That is awesome girl! Keep up the good work, challenging as it is!:flowerforyou:
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Good for you! I hope I have that same determination and committment when I'm tempted!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Way to go:flowerforyou:
    and congrats on the win:flowerforyou:
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170

GOOD JOB Kels:happy: , way to go! That's really good. Keep up the good work and make those needed lifestyle changes.

I'm here for ya girlee,
    Naj:flowerforyou:
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Great job! :bigsmile: You can change those habits one positive step at a time!

I made a good decision too. I went out to my favorite Mediterranean resturant the other day for lunch and ordered Cabbage rolls. They are the best. They come two to an order, but I only ate one. I could have eaten the second, but I felt satisfied with just one and now I have something tasty left over for lunch today. It is also a great souce of protien.
  • WOOHOO!!

I did the same last night. I got done playing tennis and was on my way to bible study, which usually means a stop at Wendy's. I took the time to make a turkey wrap instead. It felt great! It's all those little accomplishments that make every day better than the day before!! :drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    way to go!