Realistic?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

I will just have to get a personal trainer to learn all the work outs I need to do.

Great plan. Having someone teach you the proper techniques first is very smart. Starting Strength is a good program, and I've heard good things about New Rules of Weightlifting for Women... I think Rachel does that program? I bet she could give you some info on it.

Yeah, New Rules is a pretty good book. Explains things well. Starts with basic lifts for newbies. $7 on Amazon. But yeah, if you've never lifted before and can afford it a trainer is a great way to go (I can't afford it and took weight training classes in both high school and college so I know form).
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm

Also, I would say that's unrealistic. as a female 14-16% body fat looks RIPPED/THIN, so I think 12 % is essential fat for women. I would readjust your goals.... Can I just add most supermodels are close to 16% body fat (without muscle)
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread. Both of these women are a size 2, body fat percentage is obviously a lot different. The body on the left might be the result if you lose weight quickly and w/o strength training....
    size2.jpg
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread. Both of these women are a size 2, body fat percentage is obviously a lot different. The body on the left might be the result if you lose weight quickly and w/o strength training....
    size2.jpg

Holy cow! Very good reason to do strength training :D
  • BUNNYCABO68
    BUNNYCABO68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you have BMI and BF Mixed up. I know You are not stupid. But below is says what a women BF should be.
    and you BMI will be about 22-23 when you you are 125-130.
    So 12 is really really low for BF.
    Shoot for 22

The average body fat percentage for U.S. females is around 32%, with the ideal at 22%. Athletic females should be around 15-20%. You could have an eating disorder if you are below 10%. Remember these are guidelines; your physician should help you determine the ideal weight and body fat for you.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    BMI isn't a very good too since it doesn't take frame size or muscles into account. Really doesn't work for muscular men. Body Fat percentage is good for everyone though harder to measure.