Never thought I could say this......

Options
I am now 60lbs down & only 5lbs from my goal weight!!! :) Whoever said the last 5-15lbs is the hardest/takes the longest wasn't kidding! Since I am so close I wanted to share my story...nothing super inspiring but maybe it will give someone hope to know it can happen if you set your mind to it and believe in yourself. You don't have to spend 2hours a day at the gym to make it work.
I've been overweight my entire life and thought I was just one of those people who could never be "thin". I never really made an honest effort towards weight loss - I would just complain/cry/feel upset about the way I looked but never knew how to turn it around. I'm sure at my heaviest I weighed around 210lbs(I would never step on the scale for fear of what it would say) and on a girl that's 5'2" that's not flattering in any way ('before' picture below proves this). At the end of my pregnancy in 2008 I weighed 190, but a couple months after giving birth I dropped to 165...still not acceptable but I was excited none the less. About 6 months later I managed to gain back everything I lost! In February 2010 I decided start working out 3 days/wk for approx 30min each day(doing a mix of strength training and cardio)...I didnt have a ton of time to spend at the gym as I work 40hrs a week/I'm married/had 1 child at the time. After doing this for a few months I ended up gaining weight (I'm sure losing fat/gaining muscle) but when you put in the effort to get your big booty to the gym the last thing you want to see is the scale moving upwards! I almost gave up hope when I stumbled upon MFP and my life forever changed :) Once I started logging my calories and actually paying attention to what I was eating the weight started dropping off... I went from 190 down to 176 then I found out I was pregnant in Sept 2010. During the pregnancy I managed to not gain weight because I was eating healthier (actually lost 6lbs) - fast forward to 5 months post partum and I am down from 176lbs to 130lbs (5lbs away from my goal)!!!! I'll be the first to admit I didn't really take official 'before' photos because I wasn't sure this would work....I am a firm believer now! I still enjoy 'junkie' foods like pizza and mac & cheese but in MUCH smaller portions than before - I now eat more veggies/fruits than I ever have. I will never fully give up pop (I allow myself 1 Pepsi a day) and I remind myself a day here or there of 'bad eating' will not add the 60lbs back that I have lost....It didn't get there overnight, it's not coming back overnight but you can't make it a habit. Comment if you wish!
BEFORE (approx 200lbs)oldme.jpg
AFTER (ish 130lbs....still 5lbs from goal) excuse the 'blank stare" LOL I was focusing on taking the photophoto.jpg

Replies

• FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!! You look great! You should be very proud =)
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and are a great inspiration! Those 5 lbs will come off.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Wow! You'd never know to look at the second picture that you've been overweight all your life. You look like one of those people that has no problem staying skinny.
  • Butrfli
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! Much different now and I know you feel better inside and out! CoNgRaTs!!! ;)
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Wow! :flowerforyou:

Fantastic job, you look amazing !
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! you look great! younger too!!
  • jessyhyde
    Options
    Wow that is so great Congrats you give me hope thanks for sharing your story!!!
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your success!
  • lexik09
    lexik09 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely stunning. i am also on my weight loss journey and has managed to lose almost 30lbs in less than 6 weeks. i too never thought i could do it but now that i am doing it in the here and now, i often wonder why i havent done this years ago. everything just sort of clicked for me and now i am on the road to a healthier new me! congrats and keep up the wonderful work!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You are goregous!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You did a fantastic job and your story is inspirational! Thanks for sharing! Good luck in acheiving your weight loss goal and maintaining it! Congrats!
  • geminigirl53
    geminigirl53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look incredible and I hope others find your story inspiring. This resource is so much more than just a calorie tracker. As you stated, you started to control portion size and really be aware of what you were eating. I'm so happy for you that you have achieved the results you have achieved. You will get those last 5, I know it!
  • You look fantastic!! Such an inspiration for future and current moms struggling with baby weight!! You go girl!!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Incredible and a great inspirational post. I like the way you have continued to include the foods you like but in smaller portions. Thanks for posting.
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you. you are an inspiration. You look AMAZING!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Incredible and a great inspirational post. I like the way you have continued to include the foods you like but in smaller portions. Thanks for posting.

This is so key to your success!! enjoy in moderation, so simple and it works for me too:smile:
    Congratulations! Rock that dress! Did I understand you correctly? Your second pregnancy you didn't gain any weight? did you continue to work out? if so what work outs/methods did you use?

You totally are an inspiration!!! Congrats!!! You look stunning and wow, I don't see where that 5lbs would even have to come off of...:flowerforyou:
  • rosepetals_03
    rosepetals_03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :blushing: You did understand correctly....I didn't gain any weight during my second pregnancy (lost 6lbs). I continued to work out for the first 6 months or so just doing simple strength training with the weight machines (avoiding ab exercise of course) and for my 'cardio' I just walked on a treadmill or outside. The doctor suggested keeping my heart rate below 140 because of the baby so that's what I did... normally I get on the elliptical/cross trainer and my heart rate gets to about 155-160 (according to the machine). I need to get a HRM to get a more consistent/accurate reading. I got lazy during the last couple months so I would just go on walks around my neighborhood...usually for 45mins or so.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!