hey all..i have a question about water

Options
so I am drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day.You think i would piddle alot, but I dont. The only time I really go is when I drink coffee or diet soda, so what gives?

Anyone else notice this or am I just cooky?

144617.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• timetoembrace
    Options
    so I am drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day.You think i would piddle alot, but I dont. The only time I really go is when I drink coffee or diet soda, so what gives?

144617.png
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Too much sodium?

I have days I will retain all the water I drink due to sodium intake and other days I potty every 30 minutes all day long.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I honestly believe that everyone is different. I can down 40 oz or more before I even feel the urge. I also think that we get used to it over time. Years ago, I couldn't go near that long.
  • ginajackson
    Options
    How much are you exercising? If you are sweating alot, you won't have to go as often. Also, the sodium thing...I agree.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the urge to go has been diminishing- when I first started drinking my 64 oz, I was going all the time, felt like I was gonna die. but now I am used to it, and it only took maybe a week-two to adjust. I do notice that high sodium days=less peeing.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

144617.png

I'm there with you-- actually, I just abandoned the drinking that everyone espouses. I have trouble with water retention in a major way, and with limited sodium intake. So, to hades with the 8-12 glasses for me. I'm going to drink when I'm thirsty. Coffee is my diuretic, too-- I'm lost without it.
  • honey2101
    Options
    You should try water retention tablets just before bed if you feel you're storing too much water (herbal is good). I cant remember the name of the brand I buy but they come in a blue box with yellow/white dots on them. I only have them once in a while, hope this helps :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Marla, you a great lady, but I think this advice is backwards.

Water retention can be solved by adding more water. Huh? because our bodies are thinking they are never gonna get enough is why they hang onto it.

I have noticed more weight loss, less hunger and better looking skin since I started drinking the water.

So my advice is: drink up!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

144617.png

Are you drinking your diet sodas and coffee after the water....maybe you just happen to drink the soda or coffee at the point where you bladder is full from water and the other drinks.....try just drinking water all day for 24hrs and compare.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    oh no-- don't get me wrong-- I'm not advising it. I know it's backwards. I'm just saying, the water intake for me, at 64 plus ounces a day-- I've been FAITHFUL since at least Christmas in guzzling the water-- has backfired. I historically have a problem with getting rid of fluid. Long story on another thread so I won't rehash it.

I'm saying for me, I'm not doing the water thing anymore. My plateau ties in directly with my increase in water-- coincidence? Maybe-- but I'm done with the water guzzling.