I need help...

Options
I have been eating about 1500 calories a day. Sometimes I eat some of my excercise calories but somedays not. I work out 4 days a week (my days off). I do treadmill intervals 2 days and then 30 day shred (#1 or #2) the other days. I'm a nurse so I'm on my feet a lot at work on the other 3 days. My weight loss started off great (as I know is normal) but now it's stalled and is reversing! I'm starting to gain again. I'm wondering if I should drop my calories more? I'm already struggling some days with the 1500 so I'm afraid of failing if I drop much lower. Any tips, ideas?

Replies

• megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have been eating about 1500 calories a day. Sometimes I eat some of my excercise calories but somedays not. I work out 4 days a week (my days off). I do treadmill intervals 2 days and then 30 day shred (#1 or #2) the other days. I'm a nurse so I'm on my feet a lot at work on the other 3 days. My weight loss started off great (as I know is normal) but now it's stalled and is reversing! I'm starting to gain again. I'm wondering if I should drop my calories more? I'm already struggling some days with the 1500 so I'm afraid of failing if I drop much lower. Any tips, ideas?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change anything. Just stick with it for a few more weeks. You havn't been at it long enough to know if changes really need to happen. You've lost 6 lbs in 4-6 weeks... that's pretty standard. :flowerforyou:
  • csantos1182
    Options
    6 pounds is awesome:smile: you are probably gaining muscle. give you body a little time to adjust itself and keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • Julie837
    Options
    I agree, how could you even keep your mind on your work if you ate any less? I think ytou're doing GREAT and would not change a thing!
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    LOL, can you tell I'm a very impatient person? :tongue: Seriously, I just wanna make sure I'm doing this the right way. I've never really seriously attempted to lose weight before and I don't want this to fail.
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    These ladies are correct.

But you may try "zig zagging" your calories. And always eat your excercise calories. 1500 is the necessary calories to function for me, a desk-jockie. With you up and running around all day, I can imagine you need every ounce allotted to you.

Best of luck!:flowerforyou: