Am I burning the calories from last night?

Options
Ok, so last night was Thanksgiving and i had a lot ...well kinda, but enought to need to exercise. I had roughlty 2023 calories.Well it was midnight so i wasnt going to run,so i went to bed and was going to run this morning. I woke up and had (1/2 cup oats=150 cal,apple=140,sugar free syrup=25) before I ran.

So if i just had breakfast then run is it burning off my breakfast.and not burning off what I ate last night? Im confused.....HELP!!!! D:

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

So if i just had breakfast then run is it burning off my breakfast.and not burning off what I ate last night? Im confused.....HELP!!!! D:

It is irrelevant for the most part.

Even if, for example, you put on fat from yesterday, you are still burning calories today and those burned calories will assist you in creating a deficit and hopefully inducing fat loss, which would just help to offset any fat gain that you may have had yesterday, in this specific example.
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Even if, for example, you put on fat from yesterday, you are still burning calories today and those burned calories will assist you in creating a deficit and hopefully inducing fat loss, which would just help to offset any fat gain that you may have had yesterday, in this specific example.

What he said :smile:

• So if i just had breakfast then run is it burning off my breakfast.and not burning off what I ate last night? Im confused.....HELP!!!! D:

Exactly. You can't target specific calories from a certain time. Once it goes in you it all either turns into enery or fat. If you don't use the energy then it turns into fat and makes it double-y worse. SO as long as you're exercising and using that energy, then you're good to go. Also, with the breakfast thing, you need energy to burn energy - just like how sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Good luck!
  • BBIPAD
    BBIPAD Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Send my mom to thanksgiving day
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    You burn stored calories when you're in a calorie deficit REGARDLESS of when you eat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    This is a thread from 2011. The OP's MFP ID, and two others on the thread, have been deleted. One more person who replied hasn't been in the Community since 2015.

Niner is correct, but I think the people who started the thread are beyond our ability to help (because absent).

I'm sorry to say I don't have a sensible reply to the comment from today that revived the thread. I can't do what it seems to ask.