what are some of the worst things people have said to u when

Options

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Before I lost my weight I was in a store clothes shopping with a friend that was alot smaller then me. & one of the sales girls came up to me & told me bluntly that They didn't carry any clothes big enough for me. I was totally crushed!

unbelievable! I would have flipped
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The worst.. was being approached by a random man in the street who got really into my face and told me I should go on a diet..

The best insult... There was an advert in t he uk several years ago that had a man running away from this huge belly bouncing down t he street after him. The tag line was " Belly's gonna get ya!" I can't remember what it was advertising now..
    Anyway.. I was walking down the street and this boy.. maybe about 8, was on the other side. All he did was point with a big smile and say "Belly's gonna get ya!" I burst out laughing on the spot...
  • drog2323
    Options
    I was at school and walking through the quad to my group of friends who were undercover, its was raining but not to heavy. We wore white shirts and then all of a sudden a boy yelled out 'I think you should hurry up, no one wants to see that' I didn't really understand at first then I noticed that the shirt was a little wet and just clinging to me as tight as a swimsuit. Well I couldn't run cause then he would have won but all I wanted to do was burst into tears.

And every time I think of that all I want to do is cry.. yeah im changing my physical appearance now but gosh its so much harder to get all the emotional stuff in line and out of my head. He doesn't give me strength to change myself like all of yours guys bad situations, he makes me feel like the kid who would skip our on p.e just so people didn't see me attempt to run or who skipped swimming so I didn't have to get changed in front of everyone, which only means I need to get mentally stronger which again I am working on.

People can be so cruel and they just don't realise that a tiny little comment can sometimes never leave a persons mind, because it never left mine.

thats brutal! but I'm pretty sure he isn't happy with his life...,that's why he is trying to pick on you and most likely others. trying to make himself feel good. pay him no mind!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    oH AND When wii fit told me i was obese hahahahahhahahahah

I used to curse at my wii fit everytime she told me that - and then we sold it! :laugh:
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    People say crappy things! You have to reach inside and realize...GOD DOESN'T MAKE JUNK !!!! Some of those friends and family mean well-they THINK they are helping you - when in turn, it just makes you feel like crap. Remember how this feels and never treat anyone like this OR let your children feel this way ! WE WANT POSITIVE FEMALES / MALES OUT THERE with Great Self -esteem! Don't put people down-and/or just don't let them get to you ! <3
    I loathe negativity -
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    My goodness....it is seriously a good thing no one has ever said such rude things in my ear shot.....I would have to pull out some ninja move and hurt someone!
  • ksmith2187
    Options
    I was at school and walking through the quad to my group of friends who were undercover, its was raining but not to heavy. We wore white shirts and then all of a sudden a boy yelled out 'I think you should hurry up, no one wants to see that' I didn't really understand at first then I noticed that the shirt was a little wet and just clinging to me as tight as a swimsuit. Well I couldn't run cause then he would have won but all I wanted to do was burst into tears.

And every time I think of that all I want to do is cry.. yeah im changing my physical appearance now but gosh its so much harder to get all the emotional stuff in line and out of my head. He doesn't give me strength to change myself like all of yours guys bad situations, he makes me feel like the kid who would skip our on p.e just so people didn't see me attempt to run or who skipped swimming so I didn't have to get changed in front of everyone, which only means I need to get mentally stronger which again I am working on.

People can be so cruel and they just don't realise that a tiny little comment can sometimes never leave a persons mind, because it never left mine.

thats brutal! but I'm pretty sure he isn't happy with his life...,that's why he is trying to pick on you and most likely others. trying to make himself feel good. pay him no mind!

Yeah he was and still is a mega *kitten* who never got out of his tiny home town.. when I go home to visit my parents i'll sometimes see him around
  • gumigal82
    Options
    My uncle once came up to me (years ago when I was on a med that added to my weight), "You look like you've finally been eating well-- like you have the big hips and butt and everything...I mean, ummm like womanly!" (On this side of the family, this meant I was fat, ha ha)
  • drog2323
    Options

Yeah he was and still is a mega *kitten* who never got out of his tiny home town.. when I go home to visit my parents i'll sometimes see him around

see..there ya go. he's a joker. I wouldn't let a clown like that get me down. F*****K him!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    When it's some stranger I could care less, but my mother constantly used to tell me I needed to lose weight, still does and I'm 28 and a size 12-14. Even when i was a size 10 she would bug me about my weight. Now that I'm married and live 25 min away I find I do not call or initiate visits with her. I still talk to her and love her but I just can't listen to her talk about my weight, or her friends weight or anybody else's business. I know it's that she is unhappy with her own weight but my god woman, I'm your kid.
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Oh, and i hate the chipmunk cheeks comment! No matter how much I slim down, I will have the full cheeks...I had them since birth.
    An ex also called me the thunder from down under due to the slight jiggle in my thighs:( (I'm sorry, even as i tone, the toned curves will never be skinny jean legs...haha)
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I was riding my bike one and the baby seat was on the back (empty). So this guy and a 2 girls are in a car that pass me. He slows down and says "the seat is for the baby, not your *kitten*" or something to that effect. I have a large butt and I have to admit it was spilling behind me into the seat. I was totally humiliated though.

My fiends sister in law got spat at by two guys driving past her while she was walking and they shouted at her for being fat. Just cruel.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Oh, and i hate the chipmunk cheeks comment! No matter how much I slim down, I will have the full cheeks...I had them since birth.
    An ex also called me the thunder from down under due to the slight jiggle in my thighs:( (I'm sorry, even as i tone, the toned curves will never be skinny jean legs...haha)

HATE THE "CHIPMUNK CHEEKS" i have them too!!!
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's the giggles, smirks, and out and out rude comments that people don't realize makes them look and sound like idiots. I can lose weight but it's hard to fix idiocy!

I remember when I was younger (in my 20s) and I was out and about with my friends 'cruisin the boulevard' in the summer... I had lost weight and felt great about myself but was by no means thin in the world's eyes. Anyway, we were cruisin' and some BOYS in another car kept playing the old "drive up next to you and fall back" game. You know the one. On or about the 3rd time they were next to us, they yelled, "Hey fat pig!" and began snorting. I was devastated. Sad, isn't it?

If people just would treat people the way they would like people to treat them, the world we be such a better place. As much as we tell each other to not to take those comments to heart, it is almost impossible not to do so.

Now, I just turn and look at people and smile. Or I raise my eyebrow as if to say, "You really did not stoop to that level, did you?" :huh:

Oh and a side note, one time when I had my twins out when they were very very small (about 6-8 weeks), this lady walked up to me in a store and said, "Oh how sad for you that you have twins." :huh: People!:noway:
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    That you could tell a person was really fat when their hands were fat. That I was too fat to ever lose the weight without surgery.
  • chanson104
    Options
    Remember that scene in Pretty Woman where she returns to the store that wouldn't sell her clothes? "You work on commission, don't you? Big mistake. Big mistake." Wouldn't you love to do something like that?!
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Once when I was in the nail salon the lady doing my toes asked the woman in the chair next to me how far along she was. She said, "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat." She laughed it off but I really hope she didn't take it too hard. I felt so bad and when my technician was doing my nails she was saying how bad she felt, I learned it's best not to ask if someone's pregnant; it's a personal question anyways.
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Every time after I had a baby my mom, who is obese, would say " oh i have some new panties that don fit me would you like them?" Kind of funny but OMG, i I never got over 155 with any of my pregnancies, so it was hurtful. But I still love her and never stayed mad at her.
  • kimibunny
    Options
    My mom used to always say "you would be so pretty if you just lost some weight", she ruined my self esteem with her never ending comments, I stopped talking/seeing to her 3 years ago, I realized I don't that sort of person in my life!

Oh jeez! This so much! A guy I liked back in high school off handedly said to me "You'd be so much prettier if you were a few pounds thinner". Absolutely crushed :(!
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I went into a store to look at bathing suits once and the sales associate asked if she could help me. I told her I was looking for a bathing suit for my upcoming trip to the beach. She looked me up and down and said "Oh, I'm sorry. We don't have anything that would fit you here." I was a very toned size 8 and only weighed 145 lbs at the time!!!! I was like, well then, I guess you don't need my money but I would like to ask your manager how he feels about it. I then proceeded to tell the manager that their sales associate was deciding who's money they would accept and who's was not good enough. Needless to say he was not very happy with her... and I never shopped there again.

Thankfully we can make the changes to better ourselves, but people like the ones in this thread will always resemble the back end of a horse because of their ugly behavior.