Cheap dieting?

Options
2»

Replies

• Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am young, on my own, and just started a new job and relocated to a new city and I shop on a budget. For breakfast, I get kashi cereal and almond milk, $6 thats breakfast for the week. I get romaine lettuce, cucumbers, bellpeppers etc for lunch and for dinner I'll get boca chikn patties, peas and broccoli. Almonds are a great snack, apples and peanutbutter are great, bananas, etc. I get 3 meals and 2 snacks a day and for the week I can spend $40 for it all.
  • iamkylie
    iamkylie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    In my house we always have frozen vegetables. Its cheap and always there.
  • venus18
    venus18 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I need to change my grocery habits and shop weekly for food since I am just cooking for myself, and I buying in bulk means i throw more away. Also I seem to not get through all my produce and end up throwing it out. But I found some great tips on here. Thanks a bunch, no more nasty ramen for me!
  • venus18
    venus18 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Target has some incredibly cheap food too I have found!
  • Ready2BEthin
    Ready2BEthin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Michelina's Lean Gourmets are $1. If you buy 20 of them thats your lunch and dinner for 10 days, pair them with cooked frozen brocoli which also cost $1 and it fills you up. Its def possible to eat healthy and lose weight. For breakfast you can have oatmeal or cereal.
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bump
  • metisgirl
    metisgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Go to Hillbilly Housewife.com...Absolutely neat ideas and very budget conscious. Frugal budgets and Recipes also a good site.....Beans and other legumes are always cheap and very healthy if eaten in moderation.....You can add me as a friend if you need more help with budget living....lol
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a trader joe's junkie. Usually when you buy Tyson or other brand of frozen chicken breasts there isn't much in the bad. But at TJ, you can buy their boneless skinless tenderloins and there is a lot in the bag for around the same price as Tyson. Also, since they are "chicken finger" sized they are easier to measure . You can cook them straight from frozen or thaw them. I use my baby George Foreman a lot and just throw some on it . I also like to cook zucchini in it. The week before Thanksgiving I was a little tight on cash so I just went to publix and bought a bunch of frozen veggies that I like. Those steam very well in the microwave or however you want to cook it. In the long run, buying "family" sized portions of things is more economical than "quick meals".
  • flip1329
    flip1329 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump