Getting fit for Thailand in Feb!!

Options
I'm going to Thailand in Feb, and the full moon party, and I wanna be able to strut my stuff in a bikini like everybody else and feel confident about it. I have two months to drop 5% BF to look how I want to look. I've been eating 1200 calories and burning roughly 650 a day at the gym (I have a HRM), it's been a month and I've only lost around 1 kg, I'm extremely small at 4'7 and I'm beginning to think that maybe 1200 is a lot for me? I'm gonna reduce it to 1000 a day, begin Jillian's 30 day shred, and try to incorporate the p90x nutrition plan, while still going to the gym and aiming to burn more than 650. I hope it works! This is my first post on MFP and I'd just like to see what people have to say about my plans :) thanks guys!

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    So you're only going to net 400 calories a day? :indifferent:
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I guess. Is that bad?
  • JustinOliver77
    JustinOliver77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes that is bad, very bad. I am not an expert by any means. I am new here, but I have been doing lots of research to help me achieve my goals. You may want to do some research on here, I would start with this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

good luck
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    Thanks Justin Oliver!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You have to eat to lose weight.

Netting 400 calories is like not putting gas in your car and expecting it to run. You may lose weight but you will be tired all the time, it'll start to effect your innards, you'll lose muscle.

It's just not healthy. You need to be eating your calories, if you don't feel comfortable eating all of your exercise calories try eating into some of them. Make sure you're getting enough water and watch that salt intake.
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    So should I be eating back the calories I burn? If i eat only 1200 then workout and burn 650, I don't eat them back right?
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    you DO eat the calories you burn. if 1200 is your daily goal without working out thats the amount it would take for you to lose weight while laying in bed al day long..

if you burn 600 calories working out you earned them, and should eat them back. the exercise is just an additional factor to get you in better shape, not just drop fat.. muscle is a good thing!!