Large frame?

Options
So, I was just curious.. I have a large frame, and I guess that plays a huge factor in my size, because I'm 5'5 and weigh185 and wear a size 12/14 depending. I just wanted to know other women's weight and sizes that also have a large frame like me :) since this is so confusing!

Replies

• pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", ~175 lbs and I definitely cannot fit into a size 12! I'm working there though ;) At my smallest that I've been as an "adult" I was an 8 and based on how wide my hips are naturally set I doubt I could get into a smaller size if I wanted to.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame too. I'm 5'9" and 194 pounds. I'm not sure what size I am exactly because I haven't had a chance to go shopping for new jeans since I lost weight. Right now my size 14 pants are loose on me and I have to wear a belt. No one ever believes me when I tell them I weigh as much as a do!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    How large is large? I am 5'8" and at 150 can wear a 10 - 12. With my hips and (sadly) stomach hernia that's as low as I can go.
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 144 pounds and in a size 11. When I tell others how much I weigh they think I'm lying. Hey I wish I was! Anyways I'm cursed with big hips and cant seem to get out of double digits in pants size.
  • jtsmith34
    jtsmith34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm about where you are, I'm 5'5" and 187lbs and can wear a size 14. I've always considered myself to have "big bones".
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to tell what my frame size is. I am 5'5 and weigh196 and am a very tight size 12
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    5'7"-ish and (usually) 145 lbs.

I like to buy pants from Old Nave cause I wear size 4 lol.
    Silver Jeans, 28 or 29
    Most Juniors, size 9.
    I have big legs, so they sort of fit weird.

I have some huge ribs though.
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    I have no idea how to tell what my frame size is. I am 5'5 and weigh196 and am a very tight size 12

You measure your wrist with a measuring tape. If its over 6 inches or something like that then you have a large frame.
  • TrimThinTonedTight
    Options
    I'm, the same height and weight, plus the same sizes but I'm a small frame size.
    Perhaps I carry more in the boobs and stomach area compared to you.

Edit: I'm probably an inch taller
  • morristlra
    Options
    Currently I"m 5'9" and about 185 wearing a 14. When I was in my best shape, I was 155 and wearing a 10/12. So the single digits are not a part of my life. Funny thing is, when I went to the doctor the first time after I found out I was pregnant, the nurse had a hard time believing my weight. She actually said " wow, really" So I guess it's good to know I feel bigger than I look!
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Currently I"m 5'9" and about 185 wearing a 14. When I was in my best shape, I was 155 and wearing a 10/12. So the single digits are not a part of my life. Funny thing is, when I went to the doctor the first time after I found out I was pregnant, the nurse had a hard time believing my weight. She actually said " wow, really" So I guess it's good to know I feel bigger than I look!

wow. So the smallest I would probably be is an 8.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would say I probably have a large frame --- or at least carry my weight differently.

I weigh about 185-195lbs and wear a size 10 or 12 (depending). I was about 210 lbs when I was a size 12-14.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

You measure your wrist with a measuring tape. If its over 6 inches or something like that then you have a large frame.

If this is the case, then my frame has shrunk considerably as I've lost weight.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options

If this is the case, then my frame has shrunk considerably as I've lost weight.
    hhmmmm, yeah, I'd say so :wink:
  • Samsara9
    Options
    My wrist measures a little bigger than 6", so large frame here. I am 5'9" and weigh about 145 or so...I am currently a size 6ish, depending on the jeans. I am smaller in skirts.
  • marzahl68
    Options
    5'4, 180 lbs, size 10 bottoms, size 14 tops
    If you can't wrap your fingers (thumb and middle finger meeting) around the smallest part of your wrist, you're likely a large frame.
    I fit in size 6 jeans when I got married and I was tiny back then @170 lbs.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    my wrist is a litte over 6 inches so another large frame *waves* but my fingers over lap when i put them round my wrist and people say they are tiny :huh:

im 5ft 7 and i would never fit into a uk size 8 no matter what i tryed i could just get into a 10 at my smalest bein 9stone 2! well i could fit my top half into a 10

as my partners mum "nicley" said i have a bigger frame than the normal girl basically saying i have rugby player shoulders :grumble: must admit my shoulders are big but they aint massivly big!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm either large or xlarge fram because I can't use my finger to wrap roaund the wrist.
    189 lbs 5'1 27% body fat pants size 12.
    My friends are around 110 lbs or less.
    I doubt I will ever go down to that weight and if i do, I would be sick.. not healthy for me.
  • grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7 and weigh 183 pounds and I fit in to a size 14-16.(Thats u.k size) xgx
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and 166 in a size 14 (barely-just got out of size 16). My wrist isn't quite 6 inches but I already know I am large framed!