scales

Options
tamdee43
tamdee43 Posts: 10 Member
I have a set of Taylor brand digital scales. They do nothing but weigh you. They are at least 5 or 6 years old.
I bought new Health O Meter scales today that do everything. You put in all your info like height, gender, goal weight and it configures your BMI, fat content, etc.... it will configure up to 4 different peoples info. These are great. It also tells me that in a certain number of weeks eating so many calories, I will weigh my goal weight. They are alot like MFP.. Its awesome... I set the two scales side by side and weighed, just to see if they read the same and they didnt. They are over a pound off. My new scale reads "heavier". So...in anyones opinion, do you think the HealthO Meters correct? I know it doesnt much matter except for the fact that I "started my journey" with the Taylor scales. I really like the Health O Meter scales because of all the stuff they tell you, but now I feel like I have to lose over a pound "again" because they weigh heavier than my original set. Can anyone tell me which scales are really good ones, that are very accurate?

Replies

• karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Do you have anything you can weigh that you know exactly how much it is? (like a bag of dog food, etc)
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor digital scale. Its four years old and cost $30. It does ask for gender, age, etc and does show body fat and water.

My mother got a $125 Ironman scale that tells WAY more than that.

My Taylor and her Ironman give me identical weights. Thay do not however give me the same body fat percentage. Which is fine because I am not to the point yet where its very important.

So I say all that in order to say that I think Taylor is pretty accurate when it comes to weighing.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Do you have anything you can weigh that you know exactly how much it is? (like a bag of dog food, etc)

Now this is the best idea! Would a five pound hand weight register properly I wonder?
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me. I bought a new set of fancier scales that did all the extras. The new scales weighed heavier. I like the new scales better, but I feel the same as you...... I don't want to lose that extra lb. or so again!!! I tried weighing 2 - 2# weights (that's the heaviest I have right now) and they won't register. Guess it has to be something heavier.

Also, the new scales....... I weighed myself the 1st time side by side with old scales and they were the same. Weighed on the new scale again to set all the stuff up...... different #....... weighed again to check...... another different #. Not sure the scales are any good. They are the Biggest Loser scales. Will probably return them.