This morning I was so tired and ill...

Options
but I made myself go to spin class. I sat in the gym parking lot for 5 minutes before going in just thinking about turning around and driving home. Every once in a while I just have those days where I have no energy and today was one of them. BUT, after my 5 minute arguement with myself I got out of the car and went inside. I was early so I spent ten minutes alone in the spin room just warming up. By the time the class started I was feeling a little better. By the time class was over I was pumped up and ready for my day! I was soooooooooooo glad I went. Had I gone home and laid on the couch I would have felt worse!

So my point is...when you feel like crud and don't want to exercise..DO IT ANYWAY! You will feel much better in the end!

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    but I made myself go to spin class. I sat in the gym parking lot for 5 minutes before going in just thinking about turning around and driving home. Every once in a while I just have those days where I have no energy and today was one of them. BUT, after my 5 minute arguement with myself I got out of the car and went inside. I was early so I spent ten minutes alone in the spin room just warming up. By the time the class started I was feeling a little better. By the time class was over I was pumped up and ready for my day! I was soooooooooooo glad I went. Had I gone home and laid on the couch I would have felt worse!

So my point is...when you feel like crud and don't want to exercise..DO IT ANYWAY! You will feel much better in the end!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thks I think everyone has those days...its good to know we arent along...somedays I force myself to workout as well and I find myself yawning through the whole workout lol:yawn: ..but I feel better afterwards
  • Heather7
    Options
    I've had those days... although today I'm having a hungry day.... I've eaten my normal stuff including snacks. but I'm just starving still! I keep drinking water but then I just have to go more ;) But I have my first session with a personal trainer today so I guess I'll be burning some extra calories!!!
  • Heather7
    Options
    BTW, cute Basset, Bamboo.... I have a basset too and she is so very cute and also so very very frustrating!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    THank you for posting this!

I feel like that right now and I still have an hour of cardio x to do when I get home :ohwell:

You have just motivated me to hang in there and do it anyways!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I had one of those days... and the gym just made me feel worse. :frown:
    Sometimes you have to listen to your body too. I wish I had...
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    If my body is tired or fatigued, it is telling me something is missing. This is my opinion. I am not getting enough of something. Since you felt better after working out, maybe it was more of a mental thing than physical. But I am "sold" on proper fuel for the best performance:wink::drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If my body is tired or fatigued, it is telling me something is missing. This is my opinion. I am not getting enough of something. Since you felt better after working out, maybe it was more of a mental thing than physical. But I am "sold" on proper fuel for the best performance:wink::drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Well, and sometimes people just are sick (cold, flu) and it starts with just feeling a bit fatigued.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I felt the same exact way today and then I took my walk and my brain was like YAY!! I felt so much better after I did it! Glad you went to spinning class!!