This is just an amazing feeling.

Options
[end sarcasm]

One of the workers in the cafeteria where I work just called me "the fat girl from upstairs" in Spanish. I should have made her feel stupid for saying it to someone of Latino/Hispanic decent (I don't look it, nor speak fluent Spanish), but it actually really bothered me much more than that.

I wanted to go WWE on her *kitten* and choke her the **** out, but part of me was so hurt (especially since I'm in the midst of a plateau and have never felt as fat as I do now).

Replies

• plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    [end sarcasm]

One of the workers in the cafeteria where I work just called me "the fat girl from upstairs" in Spanish. I should have made her feel stupid for saying it to someone of Latino/Hispanic decent (I don't look it, nor speak fluent Spanish), but it actually really bothered me much more than that.

I wanted to go WWE on her *kitten* and choke her the **** out, but part of me was so hurt (especially since I'm in the midst of a plateau and have never felt as fat as I do now).
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    People can be very insensitive. Just rise above it and don't go down to her level.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    You know the same thing happened to me in Walmart some lady said in spanish, oh the poor fat women, I looked her straight in the eye and asked in spanish, poor fat women why? SHE RAN! Dumb BIOTCH!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    That is seriously terrible, some people are just plain mean. Don't let her make you feel bad about yourself, shes obviously VERY insecure if she has to put people down. Keep working hard and you'll get past that damn plateau, Good luck! :happy:

~Leash
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    you have more beauty in your baby finger than she has in her entire body.

let it slide.

was she perfect? obviously not, because she is a rude coola with a bad attitude.

:angry:

:flowerforyou: for you
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Ouch. Don't let her get ya down. You should let her know somehow that you heard and understood. There's nothing worse than trying to say something behind someone's back only to realize they heard, and it's a great reminder and lesson for the whole "if you can't say anything nice..." mantra.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    you know the more I think about this, the madder I am getting:mad:

:explode: how DARE someone say something like that. You are a lovely young lady with a great attitude. You are working hard on your health and changing your life.

I want to go bonk her on the head

ok.....sorry......:flowerforyou:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    girl people can be so rude, and usually they have a huge log in their own eye......dont get discouraged, you are in the midst of change and YOU CAN DO IT! Tell yourself you will show her and anyone else that is just as shallow!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    EEEK! Where do people get the nerve!?!?

You know, but your success is going to be the greatest revenge!! I LOVE going back to my small town where all the skinny girls and guys who were so horrible to me are now overweight themselves & stuck in going-nowhere jobs...well, now I'm the successful one who's super tiny compared to them! HA!

Just make it your motivation, you're the better person :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i want to bonk her too! i am so ticked off i cant even think of what to say!

you, my friend, are doing so great. down 21 pounds! fab-u-lous! forget her, if you can. consider her a speed bump on your road to reaching your goals. or better yet, picture yourself as one of those monster trucks driving over the old flat cars - you will make it over those obstacles with ease!

ugh - so disapointed in stupid people right now! :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think I would strike up a conversation with her and out of the blue begin saying in spanish "do you know the fat girl from upstairs?" ....and then walk away..use her ignorance as your motivation...
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Just keep with it and wait...then...when you are in your skinny era you go down there and say "fat girl from upstairs" in Spanish to her. Leave her with that.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I think I would strike up a conversation with her and out of the blue begin saying in spanish "do you know the fat girl from upstairs?" ....and then walk away..use her ignorance as your motivation...

Ohhhhhh...I like this, I agree with the post after yours, but with employee turnover and whatnot, you want to make sure you get it in! But, then again....is it necessary? I've heard to, and I have people who think they did this for me, that bullies credit themselves for being the motivation for us to lose weight...so maybe don't give her the satisfaction....Hmmm....tough call!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Wow...... What a biotch! Don't let her get you down. Obviously she has to put other people down to make herself feel better!

WOW.... Some people just suck..... ahhh, I hate stupid people!

:heart: and :flowerforyou: to you.......... :smile:
  • kmhagerstrom
    Options
    If it makes you feel better "gorda" isn't really meant as an insult in Spanish. It can be a term of endearment. Its just not meant the same way as "fatty" in English.
  • 22togo
    Options
    How about this idea...keep working hard...your hard work will prove results...and when you get to the weight you want to be at...walk by her and say, in spanish, "I may have been overweight, but I've changed...your rude and insensitive, and you'll never change"!

Keep your food journal...and if your town has an outdoor bootcamp...give it a try. I've never liked to exercise, but it is the only thing that has helped me lose weight. I've lost 30 lbs. since May..and as you can see, it takes some time when it is only a pound or two a week. But it adds up and now people who I haven't seen in a while are stopping me and commenting on my weight loss. If I can do it, you can do it too!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    GRRR I hate people. People talk crap all the time in spanish around me and my boyfriend. He looks completely white, but is actually half cuban.. He ALWAYS opens his mouth and says something back. People are so rude. I would have told her "its not my fault you are insecure, but how bout you keep your thoughts about me out of your mouth!" I would have gotten fired..:explode: :laugh:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    How about, "You're an *kitten*. Do you understand English like I understand Spanish?"
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    How about, "You're an *kitten*. Do you understand English like I understand Spanish?"

*ZING!!*

Also -

Plus, I think you're beautiful - don't let one small minded person's opinion get you down. You're doing great!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Honey, I was trying to come up with a solution just like the others......that infuriates me.....but.....does it matter what she said? Is she so important in your life that you care what she or any other person there thinks of you? We all have to deal with the fatty comments whether we understand it in spanish or not, It's clear. Kinda like eating a quick something in the car on the way to work or somewhere in a hurry....I always felt the eyes and imagined what they were saying. Let people say what they want to say, it's the people that love you that matter. I am a firm believer in out with the ugly only pretty people allowed in here. Meaning, people that do not treat others well or that have ugly in their hearts can go away, I only allow those people who are true and kind into my heart. The rest are just excess baggage to be taken out to the dumpster......

So you just continue on with what your doing, kick up the workouts and don't worry about her.

BIG HUGS TO YOU. :flowerforyou: