LEVEL 1 SHREDDERS

Options
Hi Shredders, just nor feelin it today and need some support. I've completed 8 days of level 1 and im not motivated at all to keep going.
My weight constantly goes up and down, Just when I think its going in the right direction I retain fluid and BAM its up again :(

Sorry to be a downer but like I said just not feelin it today.

Replies

• Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself! Simple :) I know it's hard but if you put the scale away you will feel so much better about everything.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    If that can support you, I just reserved online the 30DS dvd and will go buy it tomorrow. I'm starting L1D1 on Sunday. I'm sure you can do it! Its a 30 day challange! Plus I agree, don't weight yourself, or max once a week! Wait untill you see results in your clothes after 30 days!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just completed the 30-Day Shred. Please continue you will feel much better! Though I did not drop any weight, I lost an inch around my hip and ab and then lost two inches around my arms. Overall I feel like I have more stamina, better posture and more endurance which helps my other cardio workouts (i.e. treadmill and strength training). I am going to to continue the next 30 days with the Shred but alternate between Level 1 and 3. I really did not care for Level 2 since the plank exercises caused too much stiffness on my upper back.

Remember this is not a race - it is a journey. Please feel free to friend if you prefer to do so. Keep moving!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, weigh yourself at least once a week and watch your sodium intake as it can cause water retention.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Did you take your measurements before you started? That is where we should *really* see results, even if the number on the scale is up due to fluids etc. if you haven't already taken starting measurements, go ahead and do it as soon as you can. Even if that number on the scale does not make you happy, you'll be able to see all your hard work in the way your measurements change.

Also, you could try taking a day off from the Shred (it does not HAVE to be done in 30 days straight) and then Wei yourself the morning after your day off. That should make for a happier scale. Might be enough to help you feel better about staying on track. :-)
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I agree. Stop weighing yourself so much. And FYI, shred is real big on inches lost...than it is with weightloss. So make sure you actually measure yourself and you will see a big difference. Believe me inches are everything!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I finished day 7 today, I don't really hurt anymore after the cool down but I don't feel like my cardio endurance is getting any better yet.

The measurements are the most important part. I only weigh once a week though so I don't panic about fluctuations. In over a year of weight loss I had to learn that they happen.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hey there...I agree with everyone else.....measure yourself! I am on L2D6 today and this is my 2nd time doing it! The first time I only lost 4lbs but dropped a size and lost 24 inches total. I measure at beginning, halfway and end.....and I have already lost more inches! Be patient.....you WILL see results! Take a break if need be for one day...it is NOT meant to be done for 30 days straight in a row!