NSV : spent my "quit-smoking-money" wisely :-)

Options
CnocNaCu
CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
After 18 days without cigarettes and saving the money I would have spent I treated myself to a make-over. I've lost almost 2 stone so far (unfortunately no before-pics :( , quit smoking and now dared to have my hair cut.... For me this was an "Operation Transformation" and I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL GOOD !

IMG_06141-1.jpg

Replies

• CnocNaCu
    Options
    Sorry, still trying to find out how to edit in photo bucket. Here the "Before" pic
    IMG_06141.jpg
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know it's tough to quit smoking. You were already to save enough for a makeover. Just think of all the other things you'll be able to do with the money you used to spend on cigarettes!:drinker:
  • JUDGEDBY1
    Options
    WTG! :)
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Thank you :-)
    I'm saving my money for a treadmill now and bet I'll look younger and fitter next year
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    That's a great positive attitude to have. You are not only saving money you are saving your life.

Losing 2 stones is fantastic. :flowerforyou:

I've heard people say giving up smoking is the reason they put on weight.
    So that blows that excuse out if the water.

P.s Your bathroom tiles are very nice lol! :laugh:
  • mmcorner
    mmcorner Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Awesome...very wise decision. Its very hard to quit smoking, very nice to see your determination. Keep it going
  • chanson104
    Options
    Way to go! A healthier you is so exciting!
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    Congratulations you've achieved so much dieting and giving up smoking.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    That is a *great* haircut! Well done for all your progress! :smile:
  • liseylee2012
    liseylee2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    your hair looks gorgeous!!
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    That's a great positive attitude to have. You are not only saving money you are saving your life.

Losing 2 stones is fantastic. :flowerforyou:

I've heard people say giving up smoking is the reason they put on weight.
    So that blows that excuse out if the water.

P.s Your bathroom tiles are very nice lol! :laugh:

Thanks a lot, yes, I'm saving my life and am still wondering what happened to me... Where did I get the determination from? I am so glad and happy with all the changes.
    ...and with the tiles *lol*
    Quitting smoking and weight: If you start with a healthy diet first and quit smoking a couple of weeks later, you won't put on weight. Just account for everything you eat and drink gallons (I mean it) of water.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! NOT easy to tackle both healthy eating and not smoking at once! Love the makeover; you look terrific! (And I totally agree about the bathroom tiles!) ;)

Love the veggie avi, too. Great colors in that shot!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Not only do you feel good, but you look Awsome!! Keep it up, Good job!! :happy:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I don't know how my name got on this story. This success story is about cnacnacu, not about adavis59. She did all the hard work. I don't know how or why this story comes under my name. Sorry cnacnacu, no disrespect to you! :noway:
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Congrats and enjoy your makeover. You look stunning!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!