First vacation, then thanksgiving. I gained

Options
A whole pound in 3 weeks of eating questionable food. Hehehe.... Guess I can't complain. The 2 weeks I was in the Philippines I was sure that I gained fat and lost muscle mass. They don't exactly know how to cook healthy, and I didn't have time to hit the gym every day, let's not forget all the beer I drank either. Thanksgiving brought my favorite food to the table: empanadas. I had 4 of them. Would have eaten more, but they made me share! :/. How about you? How did you do?

Replies

• meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I for sure over ate on Turkey Day! And the next few days will be challenging as I still have some celebrating to do and I have left over pie in my fridge! But I have been trying to get some extra workouts in so hopefully that helps!!
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Didn't get on the scales, but I have gained. And now my knee is a little screwy, so may be hampered just a bit in working out.

It will all be okay
  • carterjerm
    Options
    Got a workout in before Thanksgiving dinner, I wiegh in on Fridays and did not gain a pound! Very happy by this.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I ate too much. More than I have ate in months at one time. Drank too much wine, I haven't had ANY alcohol in months..also desert..cheesecake especially! It was all wonderful except for I had a stomach ache all day yesterday.. Back to my normal routine today. Weighed myself this morning and I've gained a pound, but I'm sure that will go away within the next day or two.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Horrible! Horrible and horrible! For 2 straight days. Very disappointed in me. But oh well. Back on the wagon today
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I thought I had eaten WAYY too much this holiday, but, I weighed myself this morning and I had LOST a pound. That's a first for me. I usually gain, on average, 5 pounds during Thanksgiving.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I didn't put on weight during my two week holiday, due to gorgeous healthy food in Egypt and a huge amount of exercise (eg hours of snorkelling) and we don't have thanksgiving here in England, but I got over confident and tried to go on maintenance for a few weeks and put 2lb on - which I've just lost again.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    All I gained in 3 weeks of slacking is 1lb... I am happy.