Are there any nutritious, yummy tasting, filling tv type din

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi ladies

I haven't eaten lean cuisine type frozen TV dinner in years
I'm trying to loose about 15 pounds and am really getting into the swing of things...I'm already down 5 pounds
I have 2 toddlers and a hectic life...it's not something I plan on eating all the time
BUT for those nigths I'm exhausted and in a bind..are there any yummy tasting, nutritional quick frozen dinner options...I know sodium is always an issue
Thanks, kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

I haven't eaten lean cuisine type frozen TV dinner in years
    I'm trying to loose about 15 pounds and am really getting into the swing of things...I'm already down 5 pounds
    I have 2 toddlers and a hectic life...it's not something I plan on eating all the time
    BUT for those nigths I'm exhausted and in a bind..are there any yummy tasting, nutritional quick frozen dinner options...I know sodium is always an issue
    Thanks, kim
  • mbaker1169
    mbaker1169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am new at this, but absolutely love the lean cuisines and the smart ones from weight watchers. Lean Cuisine even has full size pizza's. I, like you have little ones, and really dont like to cook a big meal every night. Check out your local Wal Mart frozen food section, seems like they have a huge variety. I have not found one that was not good yet.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Lean cuisine seem to be the least likely to taste like cardboard. And they do try to reduce the salt just a bit, unlike some other processed meals.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I love Amy's frozen things when I don't have time to cook.

They are starting to be available in standard groceries (they used to be health food store items)

They are lower in sodium than a lot of the others, and tend to use more whole grains.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the Stouffer's Lean Quisine entrees that come in a bag and that you heat up in a frying pan. I can have a "growing boy" meal (ie: a whole bag) for only about 600 calories.