Protein shakes...

Options
I like having protein shakes around for snacks and after workouts. I currently have a bag of the Body by Visalus shake mix but it is just too expensive to keep buying! What are some of the good brands out there that are not so pricey?

Replies

• thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I like the chocolate protein shakes from www.lisalynnfitness.com. They're very tasty and filling. One container usually lasts for a month and the price is around $35.00.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey puts out a variety of flavors... Im really hooked on the 100calorie French Vanilla protein powder mix..... UBER yummy!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    If your calories allow it you can always drink milk...essentially the same stuff with added milk fat...
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I like Twin Labs--Whey Designer is also good. I try to buy using slick deals, or on amazon in 5lbs (and up) to save money.
  • newarkco05
    Options
    If your calories allow it you can always drink milk...essentially the same stuff with added milk fat...

Thank you for the suggestion... Here is thing.. I hate milk!! lol. I can drink the shakes because the milk flavor is masked but yet get all the nutrition from it.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I like having protein shakes around for snacks and after workouts. I currently have a bag of the Body by Visalus shake mix but it is just too expensive to keep buying! What are some of the good brands out there that are not so pricey?

How much are they? I use syntha-6 which is about $40 (or less if there's a sale) for a 5 lb container. There's obviously cheaper forms of protein out there, but I like mine as it mixes well.

That being said, you can get comparable amounts of protein with fewer carbs and calories from whole foods (or other protein powders as well).

I know you said you don't like milk, but do you like chocolate milk? That works as well and is cheaper than protein.