Another Microwave Cake Recipe

Options
I enjoyed the earlier thread with the microwave brownie recipe, so I thought I would submit one of my own. This is one of my diabetic mom in laws favorites too. I make a big batch of the dry mix, tape the instructions to the lid of the container, and we all make little cakes when we want them. I'd forgotten all about it until I read the earlier thread, so thanks for the reminder! Hope you all can enjoy. And it really is amazing . . .

Favorite Microwave Mug Em Cake

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
1 box Devils Food Cake Mix

Mix contents of both boxes in a large, resealable bowl. When ready to make cake, scoop ¼ cup of mix into coffee mug. Add 2 TBSP of water and mix well. Microwave for 1 minute and let stand for another minute before enjoying.

You can adjust the microwave time – less for a gooey cake, more for dryer cake.

Nutritional information per single mug serving:

(Please note this may change based on the cake mixes you are using. I used Pillsbury Angel Food cake mix, 16 oz box and 140 calories per serving, and Price Rite Devil’s food cake mix 18 ½ oz box 170 calories per serving)

Calories: 155
Carbs: 33
Fat: 2
Protein: 2
Fiber: 1
Sodium: 355

Hugs,

Terri

Replies

• big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    wonder if you could add left over coffee to the chocolate cake mix to make it more mocha chocolately? sounds great!!
    thks for sharing! i cook my eggs in a mug all the time!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That does sound good, big dog. Maybe sub coffee for part or all of the water? Or add a few instant coffee crystals to the mix. I'm going to have to try it.
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy and easy! I'm going to try this one. Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    oOops, maybe this should have gone in the "recipes" section. Sorry!
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i add left over coffee to all my chocolate recipes and really good with Syntrax Chocolate Truffle protein shakes (100 cal, 23 g. protein....) blend w/ coffee, ice and the powder....just like a chocolate shake! :-)

i make extra coffee in the am and save it in the pot to add to other stuff....
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I just tried this! I love it and my ultra picky 13yo does to. Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump!