MY SKIN ITCHES AFTER WORKING OUT

Options
2»

Replies

• VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Recently started using a stationary bike and my legs itch like crazy during and after... feels like it's under the skin in my muscles.
    I was pretty inactive before so blood flow makes sense. Guess I need to keep it up!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If you actually get hives (raised red bumps or lines) and not just itching, maybe an over-the-counter antihistamine would help. I get hives randomly everyday and have to take them; I saw an allergist about it and he said I'm not allergic to anything, just have an overactive immune system.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    The fitter you get, the more it goes away.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I used to also get that on my legs after running outside, I never remember having that issue after working out indoors. I think it's fairly common and eventually it completely stopped. So push through, maybe see a doctor, but it should subside eventually... hopefully :)
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    histamine could be the issue
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a pre workout supplement or NIACIN?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Did any of us notice that this thread is 3 years old???
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Body reacts to workout on number of ways, skin itching of body from regular can caused by hives that is called exercise included urticaria, food allergy is also one cause of skin itching after exercise, even if you eat some offendive items before physical exercise. miliaria is also one reason for skin itching after workout.