percentage of protein?

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
What percentage of protein do you eat? I am eating 25% now and I still find it hard to reach that. For a little while last year I had changed my goals to 40% protein and that was almost impossible to reach. If you are eating that much protein, how do you manage to do that? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    Options
    What percentage of protein do you eat? I am eating 25% now and I still find it hard to reach that. For a little while last year I had changed my goals to 40% protein and that was almost impossible to reach. If you are eating that much protein, how do you manage to do that? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • lettyig
    Options
    three 1oz servings per day.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

I have mine at 40% and like you, find it hard to reach. Should try to do 1g/lb of body weight if you're trying to gain muscle.:drinker:
  • anabellebf
    Options
    Mine is at 40% too, and I find it really, really hard to reach - but I do try to have protein at every meal. I already have a protein smoothie in the morning, I'll try to replace the fruit bars by protein bars as snacks, maybe it'll help... I always overdo my carbs, whatever I do, and I find it frustrating...
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    I have mine at 40% but it's pretty hard to reach that. I aim for at least 100g of protein a day. I lift a lot and want a nice toned body.
  • alf1163
    Options
    hmm! Maybe I should change mine back to 40% and I guess increase protein shakes, etc...At 1g/lb I should be getting 131g? Wow!!! And today I just needed about 100 and I got to about 86 grams. What other foods you eat besides meat and protein supplements that are high in protein? I also lift a lot and recently I have increased weights. Thanks for getting back with me. :flowerforyou:
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    hmm! Maybe I should change mine back to 40% and I guess increase protein shakes, etc...At 1g/lb I should be getting 131g? Wow!!! And today I just needed about 100 and I got to about 86 grams. What other foods you eat besides meat and protein supplements that are high in protein? I also lift a lot and recently I have increased weights. Thanks for getting back with me. :flowerforyou:

Cottage Cheese (if you can stand the taste) is high in protein
    Peanut Butter (not the Kraft kind with all the sugar)
    Fish
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I originally had mine at 30%, but could scarcely reach that... I think I have mine at 25% now and I still have trouble some days.

Boneless skinless chicken breast and tuna are my best sources, as they are very low in fat.
    I LOVE peanut butter, but if I eat more than one serving per day, I'll go way over in my fats.
    Some whole grain cereals are packed with protein. (Of course, they're very carb heavy, too)
    Couscous and wild rice have protein...
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    How do you know what you should set it at? I just used the custom setting, should I change it?
  • lettyig
    lettyig Posts: 11
    Options
    my problem is eating too much protein. 1 small can of tuna at lunch and all my protien for the day is there. i dont like doing that.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    If I did all the cooking/grocery shopping, I'd probably set mine at 50%(ok maybe not that high) But since I dont', I set it at 30%. I love fish, chicken & meat, but the reality when cooking for 2 is that I can't always get the % I want. I try and always get 120 grams a day, and not worry what % it ends up being.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    My setting varies between 40 and 45%, as I randomly change my goals. I just can't eat a lot of carbohydrates, so tend to have my protein setting higher and can get pretty close most days, but rarely actually reach it or go over.