Craving Pecan Pie

Options
No on in my house likes it except me (Southern Girl living in the North that I am). And if I make a whole pie, I'm bound to eat the whole thing. At 410 calories a slice, it would kill my calories for the day. So I've been on the hunt for a decent substitute. I think I might have finally found one. The serving size is small, about a 1 inch square, so I cut these bars into 12 pieces instead of the recommended 24. Even doubling the nutritional values, it is still a delicious calorie bargain to me. Hope you can enjoy! Of course you could lighten these up even more with reduced fat crescent rolls, egg substitute and light butter, but I tried the original recipe first.

Quick Crescent Pecan Pie Bars

INGREDIENTS:
Crust

1can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet

Filling

1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, beaten

DIRECTIONS:
• Heat oven to 350°F.
• If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
• Bake 8 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour filling over partially baked crust.
• Bake 18 to 22 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store at room temperature.

Nutritional Information:
1 Serving (1 Bar)
• Calories 100
o (Calories from Fat 40),
• Total Fat 4 1/2g
o (Saturated Fat 1g,
o Trans Fat 1/2g),
• Cholesterol 10mg;
• Sodium 85mg;
• Total Carbohydrate 14g
o (Dietary Fiber 0g,
o Sugars 8g),
• Protein 1g;

Thank you, Pillsbury! I think this was a bake off winner back in 1973. An oldie but a goodie!

Replies

• terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Oops, maybe this one belongs in the recipe section too. Sorry! Wrong Forum . . .
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yuuuuuumyyyyyyy
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of places that make the mini pies - that you can buy. I just cut mine into more pieces, eat a piece then bring the rest to work. I can get my fix, but still fit in my jeans.
  • abrantner
    Options
    My gma uses her pecan pie recipe to make pecan bars. And the bars freeze really, really well.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Sounds absolutely delicious.
  • Uk_Yogini
    Options
    Some places sell half pies and little individual ones. Eat the pie, enjoy it and just work it into your day.