Reposting in the right Forum: Craving Pecan Pie

Options
terrigrace
terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
No on in my house likes it except me (Southern Girl living in the North that I am). And if I make a whole pie, I'm bound to eat the whole thing. At 410 calories a slice, it would kill my calories for the day. So I've been on the hunt for a decent substitute. I think I might have finally found one. The serving size is small, about a 1 inch square, so I cut these bars into 12 pieces instead of the recommended 24. Even doubling the nutritional values, it is still a delicious calorie bargain to me. Hope you can enjoy! Of course you could lighten these up even more with reduced fat crescent rolls, egg substitute and light butter, but I tried the original recipe first.

Quick Crescent Pecan Pie Bars

INGREDIENTS:
Crust

1can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet

Filling

1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, beaten

DIRECTIONS:
• Heat oven to 350°F.
• If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
• Bake 8 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour filling over partially baked crust.
• Bake 18 to 22 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store at room temperature.

Nutritional Information:
1 Serving (1 Bar)
• Calories 100
o (Calories from Fat 40),
• Total Fat 4 1/2g
o (Saturated Fat 1g,
o Trans Fat 1/2g),
• Cholesterol 10mg;
• Sodium 85mg;
• Total Carbohydrate 14g
o (Dietary Fiber 0g,
o Sugars 8g),
• Protein 1g;

Thank you, Pillsbury! I think this was a bake off winner back in 1973. An oldie but a goodie!

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I love pecan pies.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in Pennsylvania and never had pecan pie until I went to college down south. I adore it. Especially with some dark chocolate in it too :) Thanks for sharing!
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Pecan Pie is my big downfall, thanks for this!
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great recipe to curb the pecan pie craving during the holidays!
  • Destinyshalo
    Destinyshalo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Catnyc123
    Catnyc123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! I love pecan pie!! Thank you!
  • redbird99
    Options
    bump
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Mini Pecan Pies

Mini pecan pies

You can also make mini cherry pies (with the no sugar Cherry pie filling with splenda).

or mini Crab puff pies. Crab puffs made with crab, cream cheese, mayo, minced onions on top of the mini pie crusts.

Mini pecan pies

2 Tablespoons butter
    1 1/4 cup of almond flour
    4 oz (half of an 8 oz package) of cream cheese

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Soften cheese and butter and blend well. Stir in flour. Chill 1 hour. Shape into twenty-four 1-inch balls. Place in ungreased small muffin tins. Press down to form crust.

Filling

1 egg
    1/4 cup of Splenda
    1/2 cup of Diabetisweet
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon Black Strap Molasses
    Dash of salt
    3/4 cup of chopped pecans

Beat egg, sweetner, butter, vanilla, Molasses and salt until smooth. Divide half the nuts among pastry cups. Add egg mixture. Top with remaining nuts.
    Bake for 25 minutes or until Golden brown.

Loosen the mini pie's sides with a teaspoon, then scoop them out and set them aside to cool.

This is from the LCF website. Hope you enjoy!
  • neverbeautiful
    neverbeautiful Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy, thank you :flowerforyou:
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    There are other solutions here.

You could make the whole pecan pie, have a piece, then send the rest to me.

Man I want pecan pie.
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    :love: thanks so much for posting, my husband loves pecan pie
  • jrob454960
    jrob454960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not a favorite of mine but my husband comes from Alabama and LOVES pecan pie. He is down 10 lbs. as of today so I think he is entitled to a treat...especially one that still favors our weight loss. Thank you very much for the post!
  • liittlebrunette
    liittlebrunette Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump