What should I do next? Insanity or TurboJam?

Options
I just finished 30DS. I did not lose a pound. :( I know I could have eaten better but still. It's a little disheartening but I do feel stronger and can feel more definition in my muscles.

Anyway, the cardio strength combo was working the last time I tried 30DS, but I think I need more cardio. I was going to move on to Ripped in 30 but I think I'm going to do either Turbo Jam or Insanity.

I tried Insanity before and all the jumping hurt my foot. I'm willing to try again but which is the more effective workout?
My daughter's birthday party is in 6 weeks and I wanna be a hot mama!

Replies

• Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I finished P90X in October, and I thought I'd like TurboFire.. I hated it and returned it after a couple of weeks. I'm not into the smiling and dancing workouts. I want to sweat, grunt, and cuss like a sailor while I'm putting my body to the extreme.

So I got Insanity instead. Starting today, so I have no real opinion on it yet. But all I know is that TurboFire was plucking on my last nerve.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol, to the above poster, I was JUST about to review Turbofire for her. I love it by the way. I do like the smiling and all, it's as intense as you want to make it, I think it's a nice medium between turbojam which is easier and insanity which is harder. it has a strength component w/ resistance bands, core work, yoga, HITT routines, and regular cardio workouts, worth the money.
  • ltbrdg
    ltbrdg Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm also a big fan of Turbo Fire. I love how positive and motivating Chalene is but the main thing that makes me love TF is the music. It gets me pumped. So I guess it all depends what you're looking for in a workout. Insanity is tough. The music sucks but you'll definitely get your sweat on. Turbo Fire is more like a dance party but it's also tough and you'll sweat like crazy too. Good luck!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is a lot easier than Insanity. It's still a great workout, though, depending on how in shape you are already, and what you're looking for in a workout. If you want an easier workout that has good music and is fun, TJ is the way to go. If you want a harder workout that is more bootcamp style, Insanity is where it's at. If you want an intense workout with awesome music, though, get TurboFire.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Give Tae Bo a try. You can check out Billy's latest workouts on Collagevideo.com and if you decide that's something you want to try, you can find the workouts at Walmart, Target, Barnes and Nobles as well as online.