The interesting effect of stress... (with pics)

Options
This past week I found out I was up for a lead in an independent feature film. It will be my first paying acting role if I get it. I have been working all week very hard on the script and having calls with the producer/writer. I haven't exercised ONCE between these two pictures, nor have I done any calorie counting before eating (I usually log it all at night but pay no attention to if its healthy or not when eating it--because I've been CRAZY) The only factor between these 2 pictures is that in the week between these two pictures I was stressed like I've never been in my whole life, and entirely filled with adrenaline so much so I could barely sleep. Somehow, I measured myself this morning, and it's down 3 inches. I am not complaining, its just odd... so I thought I would share.

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee475/Tash_Ann/?action=view&current=WeightLossProjectApril2010-whoknowswhen.jpg

Replies

• 40Rennie
    Options
    Good luck with the acting job. Hopefully you won't allow yourself to get too stress because even though we don't eat as much sometimes when we're stressed out our body also go through other changes we can't see until its too late.
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I got a new job, my career job and had 5 months of really intense training (not necessarily physical) before I was officially, officially hired. I lost so much weight my friends kept telling me I looked way too skinny. I was eating like a horse though.

So, it IS interesting the effects of stress. Sucked when I started gaining back though, haha. :laugh:
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work for anyone this way around^^ I put on a hell of a lot of weight when starting new job and having more of a workload. Simply because I would skip exercising and meals. Ate very irregular (and not always the best, we have a sandwhich shop down the road of the office, making wicked Bacon Sarnies) and a glass of cookies in easy reach in the office. Also, certain hormones the body produces when stressed are apparently making it harder to loose any weight... awh well.. it just shows again, humans do react in different ways ^^
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work for anyone this way around^^ I put on a hell of a lot of weight when starting new job and having more of a workload. Simply because I would skip exercising and meals. Ate very irregular (and not always the best, we have a sandwhich shop down the road of the office, making wicked Bacon Sarnies) and a glass of cookies in easy reach in the office. Also, certain hormones the body produces when stressed are apparently making it harder to loose any weight... awh well.. it just shows again, humans do react in different ways ^^

I actually meant I had lost weight due to stress alone. lol
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you good luck on getting the part. Very exciting.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you good luck on getting the part. Very exciting.

Thank you!