protein powders

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
What kind of protein supplements do you use? What works best for you? I have only had designer whey in french vanilla. I am running low and I want to purchase more tomorrow. Any suggestions? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    What kind of protein supplements do you use? What works best for you? I have only had designer whey in french vanilla. I am running low and I want to purchase more tomorrow. Any suggestions? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    I get the special K20. Which really is too much protein(5 g) I like using it as a snack. Get something new!:bigsmile:
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    I use Hammer Nutrition myself, I find them to be high quality but expensive.

It really does not matter as long as you find a quality company, and make sure you are getting protien ISOLATE and not protein concentrate. There are fewer impurities in the isolate, it is higher quality and as a rule you are getting much higher concentrations of protein in the isolate (>90%) vs concentrate (>70%).

The only other concern for me is one that either tastes good, or that I can make taste good without adding sugar.

I mostly use a product called Recoverite, it has a very subtle flavor and includes glutamine and other nutrients that specifically helps your body recover from training. For a pure protien powder I find the isolates from GNC ok.
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    Whey Protein

I use prolab and it has 24g of protein per scoop (130 calories). I mix it with some granola and fat free yogurt and it's great!
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    Jay Robb egg white protein powders are THE best (i've tried chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry - all of them are yummy!)...i prefer these (i have also tried met-rx, metagenix, and spirutein - Jay Robb beats them all!) because they are made with natural stevia (sweetener), they are low carb, and the egg white proetein is much easier on my tummy than soy or whey...plus this powder disolves so easily....i either make it in a shaker with some unsweetened almond milk or blend it up with ice....sometimes if i need the cals i will also add some almond butter to the chocolate smoothie and it's heaven on earth!!!!,,,it is pricey though...but you get what you pay for! :drinker:
  • whim
    whim Posts: 11
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. The double chocolate is very tasty.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm interested but have yet to use it, I am so glad you posted this thread Alf:wink::flowerforyou: Thank you! Looking forward to the responses as well:happy:

FC:heart:
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I like the Onyx brand from Complete Nutrition. Seems to work well, and tastes good, too.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have Super Advanced Body Fortress-choc, vanilla and cookies and cream. I mix it in smoothies, or soy milk .yummmmmy. Walmart carries it-very cheap for a big tub. When I go to the States I buy 6 tubs at least. $15.00 compared to brands here that are at least $30.00 or more. This powder has other stuff in it like Glutamine and Creatine for muscle recovery. Tastes grrrreat! PVL lemon lime whey is also soooo good. Mixes with water-and is awesome. (would go great with vodka of gin too):wink: