Feeling full

Options
All my life I have been somewhat of a bottomless pit when it comes to eating. I was a regular binge eater. I was always good at the exercise part and eat a lot of healthy foods choices but way too much and some of the not so healthy ones too. I've been keeping track for 90 days now and am loosing weight at a pace I am comfortable with. I had a moment yesterday at the pub while eating my veggie burger that I ALWAYS finish where I actually FELT FULL and I STOPPED. Usually I keep eating until my body is uncomfortable (until I started MFP logging for portion control and nutritional tracking). Anyways, I'm excited to be learning these subtle ques of when I am full/done. This program is definitely helping me build a much healthier relationship with food and eating. Anyone else experience this true feeling of done/full for the first time?

Replies

• Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Great work for stopping! :smile:

I get those signals that I'm full, but it's hard if it's there on the plate in front of me. The best thing I can do is take the food away when I feel full. And make sure I eat slowly so I have time to notice fullness. And drink lots of water.
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    Really good job! The hardest part for me was to realize the difference between wanting and needing; between cravings and hunger. I used to eat whenever I was bored, sad, happy, whenever food was in reach. Now, when I'm offered food, I always listen to my body before responding. Is my tummy feeling empty and am I feeling hungry, or am I just after the kick I'll get from the sugar?

As long as I keep them apart, hunger and cravings, then I have no problems what so ever with dieting.

But when there's a plate in front of you with lots of food, then yes - it is a lot harder to quit eating. So it's really impressive that you just stopped, and realized that you didn't need to eat all of it!
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ha! No. But, I wish I did :( I am sort of a bottomless pit as well. I noticed though that the more water I drink with a meal the less I eat, it used to be like that when I drank diet coke with my meals but I have stopped drinking soda because it makes me bloated. I tend to always clean my plate since I like to save money I feel bad throwing food away that I know I won't heat up later. But I just try to drink a lot of water to eat less.