After ChaLEAN Extreme

Options
I will be finishing up ChaLEAN Extreme tomorrow. I plan on taking a week off of weight training to concentrate on my running but I'm trying to decide what to do next. I'm thinking P90X, but I don't know if I can hang with the longer workouts. I'm also considering the New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. Can all of those workouts be done with free weights, or do you need a gym membership? I have the Bowflex Selectechs that go up to 52 pounds, so I feel like I have a great weight range, but do those workouts require machines too? Anyways, I'm also open to other strength training programs as well. What do you suggest?

Replies

• stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme is an amazing program. I did P90x and it was hard to get into the swing of the longer workouts but it wasn't bad. Your weights would be perfect. You do have to have a pull up bar or a resistance band. I had no way to put a pull up bar in my house so I bought an extra heavey resistance band that came with a door hanger for the band. In every video it will show you how to use the band in place of a pull up bar.
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    PS P90x2 is coming out in the next couple of weeks and I hear the workouts are shorter and it is only a 5 day a week program.