Protien shake suggestions for women?

Options
2»

Replies

• a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Men and women can drink the same shakes. No special ingredient for different genders :)

^^^ Precisely.

I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. Thus far I've had the Extreme Milk Chocolate, French Vanilla Creme, and Mocha Cappuccino flavours. They're all pretty good, though Mocha Cappuccino turned out to be my least favourite of the three. It's just not as versatile as the other two (which I end up putting in my cereal, oatmeal, and yogurt, in addition to making protein shakes). I also recently bought the "Any Whey" unflavoured powder from Optimum - it's great, mixed right in with some soup without much hint of being there at all. :)
  • Olandia64
    Options
    I drink Premier Protein Chocolate RTD. 11 oz with 30 g protein, very little sugar/carbs. Can purchase at Costco or online. They also have Vanilla and Strawberry. I like Bariwise Meal Replacement that I buy from Diet Direct.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Isopure Zero . . . No Carbs or Sugars . . . 50g of protein for 2 scoops . . . 210 calories. Check it out at: http://www.theisopurecompany.com/en/powders.

I usually mix it with some Almond or Coconut Milk and fruit in the blender or you can just add water and use a Blender bottle.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Isopure No Carb Vanilla Cream...its the best!! And its a whey isolate, the best kind.
  • tenomyls
    Options
    I got sick of the vanilla/chocolate shakes so I buy Jay Robbs Pinapple or Orange cile..I mixed either with some fruit and water. Its really good!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I use the jay Robb brand. No antibiotics or hormones, etc. I prefer vanilla.
  • zesss
    zesss Posts: 36
    Options
    I use Balance (Fuel and Recovery, 100% Whey) in the Cookies and Cream flavour. It's super yummy, even just mixed with water and is only 119 calories per serving :). Plus, it tastes even better with a (frozen) banana blended in too!
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the thread but I'm pretty sure most Whey Protein products aren't gender specific. At least the ones I know of.

Try Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard. Goes down well & is a great product.
  • dianeinthemuk
    dianeinthemuk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist told me about a protein powder made from pumpkin seeds. When I find it I will post the brand and where to find it. I have been using Show Me The Whey's Protein Powder and make my own smoothies. They are DELICIOUS!

1-2 cups frozen mixed berries (or any fruit you want, really)
    1 banana
    1 cup 1% organic milk
    2 tblsp whey protein powder
    1-2 cups spinach (or any green leafy vegetable)

Put into a blender and enjoy!

This can be modified to replace water for the milk, or for a more hearty beverage, change yogurt for the milk. And you can alter any of the fruit too.