Couldn't help myself

Options
So I volunteer at an after-school program. Since I am in college, I was not here over Christmas break. One of the women who I work at the program with gave me a small bag of candy and a small jar of homemade maple syrup today because she did not see me around Christmas. It was really sweet of her but I do not keep candy and a lot of junk in my apartment because I will be tempted to eat it. Well I ate all the candy except 2 pieces, without having the calories left to do it.

To make things better, I am going home this weekend and my family and friends do not eat healthy at all. Their eating habits are totally different than mine when I am at school. So I know when I go home I am not going to do so well with my calories....ugh. Sorry just had to vent a little. Tomorrow is another day.

Replies

• AllieD
    AllieD Posts: 35
    Options
    So I volunteer at an after-school program. Since I am in college, I was not here over Christmas break. One of the women who I work at the program with gave me a small bag of candy and a small jar of homemade maple syrup today because she did not see me around Christmas. It was really sweet of her but I do not keep candy and a lot of junk in my apartment because I will be tempted to eat it. Well I ate all the candy except 2 pieces, without having the calories left to do it.

To make things better, I am going home this weekend and my family and friends do not eat healthy at all. Their eating habits are totally different than mine when I am at school. So I know when I go home I am not going to do so well with my calories....ugh. Sorry just had to vent a little. Tomorrow is another day.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi..Try not to anticipate failure..you can still eat with them just remember to measure and calories. The key in all of this is "their" eating habits are not like yours....So your eating habits are different and they will have to deal with it..Just as you deal with theirs...If your doing this for health reasons I think your family will learn to respect that over time....maybe rethink how your going to handle the visit with family ..and think of it as a challenge for yourself...you can do it successfully.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    That is ok to vent.:bigsmile: But when you get back get right back on the way you do things. :drinker: :drinker:
  • hetipt01
    Options
    Hey! I know exactly what you mean. When I'm at home with my parents, its almost impossible to eat well. I went into a slump for about a month because I just recently moved back home. The one thing that I learned though is that you can have that little treat every now and then, that just means you get to eat less throughout the rest of the day. This helps me because I dont feel so deprived and left out at home and social gatherings. Just keep your head up! You'll get through it!