looking for a healthy chicken pasta and broccoli recipe and

lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
I want to find a few good soup recipes, maybe a broccoli soup, tortilla, etc and i love pasta with broccoli, so if i can find a healthy recipe for that , it would be great. I normally eat a pasta Alfredo with broccoli kinda meal but i know Alfredo isn't that healthy.... any light versions out there?

Replies

• maybe check out allrecipes.com :drinker:
  • I know there is more salt than needed, but when I have an Alfredo craving, I will make whole wheat fettucine with lots of steamed brocolli florests, grilled chicken breast, and a package of Club House alfredo seasoning (cooks by just adding 1% milk). I will even top it off with a small amount of parmesan cheese, and it's fantastic! ;) The jars of Alfredo "real" sauce are often made with cream and tons of milk, so many more calories!!
  • Also try www.skinnytaste.com for new recipes - lots of good stuff on there! ;)
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    for me i love making home made soups!

here is my home made chx soup
    youll need:
    1 chx breast ( you may chopp it up or leave it whole)
    1/4 cup of onion chopped(any is fine)
    1/4 cup of chopped tomoatoe
    1 clove of garlic
    1 cup of brocoli
    1 whole corn on the cob ( or you can break it into halfs)
    one chile pepper sliced thinly
    1 cup of sweet peas ( i prefer fresh)
    * 1 small potatoe cut into small cubes( optional)

okay so i place the chicken, the brocoli,and peas into a medium sized sauce pan and boil for 45 min. while that is cooking i place the rest of the ingredients into a non stick pan and roast them in the oven on 350 for about 25 min.

when the chicken is done i then slowly add all the other ingredients.

One big secret i love is too place on tsp of bbq sauce into the soup. this soup is low calorie usually around 350. and its very delecious. I seldom add the potato tho.
    ENJOY
  • lin7604
    I know there is more salt than needed, but when I have an Alfredo craving, I will make whole wheat fettucine with lots of steamed brocolli florests, grilled chicken breast, and a package of Club House alfredo seasoning (cooks by just adding 1% milk). I will even top it off with a small amount of parmesan cheese, and it's fantastic! ;) The jars of Alfredo "real" sauce are often made with cream and tons of milk, so many more calories!!
    thx i will look into that, never even thought of it...lol...
  • lin7604
    maybe check out allrecipes.com :drinker:

thx for the site, i found 2 on there and i will give them a try.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    I like to use Philadelphia Cooking Creme and add it to my chicken and broccoli then add to pasta or rice.