Motivation completely gone :(

I'm the one who always motivates other to reach their goals, and keep working hard.
But this week has been tough.
I even lost a pound this week. But I know I can do better.
My mommy returned to PR, my mother in law is been on a ventilator machine for two weeks, My husband is sick, besides the stress he is going through because of her mother. My baby girl will start new day care provider on Monday.
It's been tough, I lost motivation. Even when I've been here every day, I haven't log my food, I haven't workout
I plan to start from zero back on Monday, since tomorrow will be preparation for a new daily schedule from now on.
I need your support and motivation today more than ever. Thank you in advance my MFP family.

Replies

• Hang in there! I can relate to your stressful week different situations but never the less stressful. You keep up the good work and I hope your family gets well soon!
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    You are going thru so much at the moment!!!!! But you still are thinking about your food intake, a good thing. Just hang in there this whole thing is a small victory here and a small victory there. If you want a snack or something to eat, skip it. Park your car a little further away from the front door of where you are going. Little things until things smooth out for you. Hang in there you know you can do it :)
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Thanks, I really appreciate it!
  • I know the feeling lately trust me, my mom has MS and MD, recently broke her leg twice slipping in two different stores on wet aisles, was just in for surgery on her stomach and while having surgery they accidentally cut her bladder open, so now she's back in the hospitably getting that fixed and recently said the surgery went bad so she has to go back yet again.

On top of that my dad can't work anymore because of his recent stroke, and has had at least 4 different cancers (none life threatening at the moment thankfully).

The way I get my motivation is knowing regardless of my sick my family may be that the main thing any parents want for their children is to be happy and healthy, so when I struggle to lose weight I just think of how happy it will make me parents knowing I'm bettering myself :)

All this family talk makes me remember that I need to go visit them soon, haha. I haven't even gotten to see my niece once yet and she's already 1 year old. T.T

I'm not sure if this was the best pep talk I could give, but I'm new at this :)
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Yep, that's a bucket load of stress and nastiness laying on on right now. Look after yourself, those sorts of things can't help take a toll on you and you're not superwoman (any more than any of us are).

I do hope things smooth out and improve in the next little while for you.
  • alexa_image
    Thanks, I hope your family gets better as well.
  • Anyone can have a bad day or two or even a week. Last week I didn't excercise a single day and I can only imagine the number of calories I ate both on Thanksgiving and yesterday. However, I am getting back to it today. While I still was over my calorie alotment. I'm determined to do better tomorrow so don't feel bad about starting over. Many of us have ups and downs.
    Good Luck and much success!!
  • Yes don't be too hard on yourself, but remember it's a lifestyle now. Think of it as a test to maintain through the hard times. Great job on the pound lost!

Life is always gonna throw crap at us and the key is to sort of keep pushing through to the end. Fast food or eating poorly may help make you feel better for that few minutes but it is a false thing and no cure for the problems you are facing.

Now just take those 5 mins a day and even if you don't have a "perfect' diet in your mind just fill out those logs no matter what. Remember consistency is the key to the weight loss or any fitness goal.
  • Thanks, I hope your family gets better as well.

Thanks, yours as well :)

Also, during tough times I wouldn't be too hard on yourself about losing motivation, when things are better again you'll kick your own butt into gear :)

As others said, it's best not to worry about it day to day, because it's a lifestyle change.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    So sorry you are going through such a rough time. I know you can get back on track if you set your mind to it!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    hi sweety I know where you are coming from, I've feel off a few wks back, need to get into the grove on this. This will get better, here's hopinf they do for your family and for yourself!

hugs
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    I feel for you, I hope things turn for the better soon. As for you, you're not looking at months of being off the plan. You'll bounce right back. Just be careful not to binge or eat too much junk. You need good food for energy to keep up with things. I like the previous post about parking further away every time.

I also have been going thru stress this year. I'm heading to divorce and the last few weeks have been miserable since husband hasn't been talking to me at all. (which could be good and bad). I have the kids to worry about and feel so depressed. I found that walking until I literally feel the endorphins kick in has been helping (about 45 minutes into the walk I feel it) and so I keep walking for a solid hour.

Keep the faith and only take on what you have control over. :flowerforyou:
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Alexa, I'm so sorry to hear you are having a tough time at the moment. Keep reminding yourself that these stresses will be short lived. Do the best you can diet / fitness wise but don't beat yourself up about it. You have worked so hard to get where you are; a short break from it will not do irreparable damage. You will be back to your usual awesome self in no time!
  • alexa_image
    Thank you all, I know I can do this,
    Hopefully I'll be back on track starting tomorrow, early morning.
    Thanks!!!