question for anyone good with itunes!

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
My sister and I use the same iTunes account. She has bought several songs on her computer and I have bought some on mine, all using that same account. She is able to get my songs that I've bought on her computer onto her itouch, but I can't get the songs that she's downloaded onto my itouch. She said that in her iTunes store on her itouch, she has a purchases button she uses to get them, but I don't have that button. I've updated my iTunes today, and I still cannot figure out how to get her music. I have no idea what words to google so I thought I'd ask you all on MFP! Thanks!

Replies

• susanmax
    Options
    Do you live nearby? You could always try to sync your IPOD/IPHONE on her computer to see if that gets you the songs when you plug back into your computer.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    each device is assigned a serial number and iTunes allows only so many devices to access the data on that account. If you have your device attached to the account then it should be as simple as re-downloading the songs from the "Purchased" link in the iTunes Store. That will allow you to download the anything that has been purchased via that account no matter the computer.

Without more specific information like error messages or the like that's the best I can do.

EDIT! ---
    I reread you OP and saw that you know of the Purchases link. It's possible that you don't have it because you aren't using the latest build of iTunes. It's a fairly new feature.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    thank you to the both of you! i was able to figure it out finally after a lot of searching around itunes! so complicated!!