Keurig or Tassimo?

Options
stang_girl88
stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
Looking into getting the hubs one for Christmas, but dont know what the differences are between them. Is it worth buying one? He says he doesnt want one because you can just boil water for tea, and turn on the coffee maker lol. I see his point, but lots of people have one, so there must be something to them. Thanks for the advice!

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I say Keurig because there's more of a variety of products for it!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Keurig! I had a senseo before, but didn't like it as well. Never had a Tassimo so can't speak to that.

What I love about my Keurig is the huge variety of products (coffee, tea, cocoas, iced tea/coffees) flavors/brands available and each cup is YUM, fresh.

You can also get a thing (called My K cup, I think) to use any ground coffee that you want, so you don't always gotta use K cups.

It's my favorite kitchen appliance. I even have a mini in my bedroom.... Yes, I'm addicted and spoiled. :smile:
  • lessthantres
    lessthantres Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the Keurig Platinum addition and I love it. My husband doesn't drink coffee, so this single serve machine is perfect for our household. The K-cups can get pricey, but I get mine on sale at Kohl's most of the time. Plus, other stores carry these as well. My husband also just bought me the My K-cup attachment so I can brew regular coffee rather than K-cups. But they come in so many variations now, that it is too much fun not to use!

Good luck deciding!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My guy and I get up at different times, and neither of us like "old" coffee....so we had 2 coffee makers on the counter. I would make mine and put it in a thermos so I could have coffee through the day. He would make half a pot for himself, and throw half of it out. When my coffee maker died, I got a Keurig. I can have fresh hot coffee any time without it getting "old" or stale sitting in a pot or thermos. He still made his in his coffee maker. He went out of the country for a month for work...they had a Keurig in the room. He got to liking it so much he now uses mine! We do use one of those reusable K-cups with our favorite coffee blend as well as some of the pre made K cups.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    It's my favorite kitchen appliance. I even have a mini in my bedroom.... Yes, I'm addicted and spoiled. :smile:

Haha that's awesome. I would love to just roll over and make a cup of coffee!:laugh:
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Keurig!
    I got mine last Christmas and its never let me down!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Love the Kuerig...had a cuisinart version before and it died within a year and always gave me trouble. No problems with the kuerig and boy do I love it!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Keurig. Get one that can use the My K Cup adapter so he/you can buy whatever ground coffee you want and you'll save quite a bit of money. Plus it's much fresher than using the pre-made K Cups that have been sitting on shelves in the plastic containers for who knows how long.

With that said, if you/he aren't the type of person to only have a cup of coffee in the morning and will brew a pot, it's probably better to not get one. Just because everyone has one, doesn't mean you need one. I have a cup (or maybe) two every day, but I'm the sole and only coffee drinker, so it's convenient for me.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Love the Kuerig...had a cuisinart version before and it died within a year and always gave me trouble. No problems with the kuerig and boy do I love it!

Can order K cups much cheaper online Coffeeforless.com
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I have the Keurig platinum and love it!
  • nissafull
    Options
    keurig.... We have a B60 and a B70!:drinker:
  • Keurig! Myself as well as my parents have one and love it!
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    We have a Keurig at the office and I have a Tassimo at home. Sure, Keurig has like 300+ flavours, but all it does is heat water and put it through the cup, no different than a regular drip coffee machine. Whether you're having tea, coffee, hot chocolate, whatever, it's all made exactly the same. Tassimo has the barcode and makes each kind of beverage differently: different water temp., different amount of water, etc. There are fewer choices, but comparing the two on a daily basis (I make myself a Tassimo while getting ready for work, then a Keurig once I get to the office), Tassimo just makes a better cup of coffee.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Keurig, but get the Cusinart machine from Costco. The actual Keurig machine has a lot of problems with the pump. I had one, returned it after about 6 months. Got the Cusinart, no problems, plus it just seems better made.

Costco has the best deal on the coffee too, you have to buy 80 cups, but they're about 30% cheaper than the stores and online.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I was wondering the same thing! My mother recently got the Keurig at Costco and loves hers.
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had the Tassimo and didn't really like it. I usually drink lattes, cappucchino and chai lattes. The perfect machine for that is the Dolce Gusto! I love it. One of the best things I ever bought. It is way faster than the Keurig too and the machines are really stylish.
    Check the homepage:
    http://www.dolce-gusto.us/
    They do have regular coffees and espresso too.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    We just bought our first Keurig TONIGHT at B.J.'s and it was a great deal...for $129.99, we got the D-60 with a larger 60 ounce capacity; it came with the starter filter kit; the My K-Kup adapter and 36 cups of assorted varieties. Too bad, we don't drink coffee...only tea, cider, hot cocoa, etc. But, it's the greatest thing. We have one at the office and I have become addicted to it for making iced tea. My husband thought I was crazy, but then he had HIS first cup of tea tonight and he is now understanding what the big deal is all about!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Tossing in my vote for the Keurig.. Although I've had a bit of bad luck with them (i'm on my third one), the customer support I received was awesome, and they fully replaced both of the ones that were not working properly.
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I had the Tassimo and didn't really like it. I usually drink lattes, cappucchino and chai lattes. The perfect machine for that is the Dolce Gusto! I love it. One of the best things I ever bought. It is way faster than the Keurig too and the machines are really stylish.
    Check the homepage:
    http://www.dolce-gusto.us/
    They do have regular coffees and espresso too.

I'm a starbucks addict--so I'd have to say don't go with a Keurig...Dolce Gusto has the best options for every type of drink. (Just harder to find) Tassimo is nice, but pricey.
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love my keurig....great variety of products, and now there are even Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks k cups, as well!