Say something nice challenge!

Options
It is amazing how much little comments, no matter how insignificant at the time can affect our entire outlook on life. Even if we are strong and have faith in ourselves and brush things off, cruel words can linger in the back of our minds forever.

The same of course can be said for shiny comments! A couple days ago my [very new] boyfriend and I were hanging out and he gave me a hug and out of nowhere said "you are the perfect size". I know he wasn't referring to my weight (because no guy is dumb enough to comment on a woman's weight LOL) but that NSV has bounced around in my noggin ever since and continues to make my steps a little lighter and my smile a little brighter.

So I challenge everyone to go out and plant little seeds of confidence and love and happiness everywhere you go. Whether it's someone you live with and see every day or the cashier at your local coffee shop, say something nice. You know that feeling you get when a stranger gives you a smile and you can't help smiling back? Imagine how many bright spots we are capable of spreading each day!

LLAP :flowerforyou:

Replies

• DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'll do just that starting right now.

You clearly are a kind and gentle soul and I applaud you for this post.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Awww, this is the cutest challenge. And I think the one that everyone can benefit from. I think this world is becoming so selfish that people forget how to be nice to people. But I still believe that the World is full of Wonderful people.
    Way to go to come with this challenge.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I am so in on this
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    But I still believe that the World is full of Wonderful people.

I absolutely agree :smile:
  • zoe4friends
    Options
    I am in.
    I wanted to let everyone on MFP know, that you all are doing amazing job. Joining MFP you started your journeys. And getting started is the hardest part. We all rock, because we finally believe in ourselves that we can accomplish whatever we set for ourselves. Great job everyone!!!
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awww, this is the cutest challenge. And I think the one that everyone can benefit from. I think this world is becoming so selfish that people forget how to be nice to people. But I still believe that the World is full of Wonderful people.
    I so agree. I read that people became violent over 2.00 waffle makers at Walmart on Black Friday. Those people need to take part in this challenge!
  • zoe4friends
    Options
    I so agree. I read that people became violent over 2.00 waffle makers at Walmart on Black Friday. Those people need to take part in this challenge!

Oh I think the Black Friday brings out the worst in people and shows how greedy they are
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Random acts of kindness go a long way. There's a ripple effect that follows. (There is even a commercial about them that reminds me to participate....there should be more commercials with good messages like this....oh how our world could change for the better)

Great Topic!
  • LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge. I'm in.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love doing stuff like this but I also feel like a weirdo lol.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love doing stuff like this but I also feel like a weirdo lol.

I don't think there's anything weird about making people smile :tongue: