Books!

Options
mbakken90
mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
Hey everyone,

I LOVE to read!!! Any good book suggestions would be so awesome! Currently I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. My favorite author is Jodi Picoult..so anything fiction would be fab! Thanks!!!!

Replies

• bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. My favourite book. :happy:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    A Song of Ice and Fire G.R.R.Martin. Heavy reading; amazing story.
  • hallo_chief
    hallo_chief Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hunger and Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler are some amazing books as well as Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. Tithe by Holly Black is very good as well. They're all fiction and Tithe and Wicked Lovely have similar fae themes while Hunger and Rage are modern stories about the apocalyptic war horses combined with modern issues - cutting, anorexia etc.
    Oscar Wilde's book "The Picture of Dorian Gray" is beautifully written, as are his other works. Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk is insanely good and his works are worth looking into in my opinion (:
    I'm sorry if none of these are really your thing, I'm all over the place with what I read and was trying to think of what I've read recently haha I adore reading as well.

If you have any suggestions for me that'd be great!
  • mbakken90
    Options
    A Song of Ice and Fire G.R.R.Martin. Heavy reading; amazing story.

Ohhh what's this one about?!
  • mbakken90
    Options
    The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. My favourite book. :happy:

I heard this one is great!
  • mbakken90
    Options
    Hunger and Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler are some amazing books as well as Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. Tithe by Holly Black is very good as well. They're all fiction and Tithe and Wicked Lovely have similar fae themes while Hunger and Rage are modern stories about the apocalyptic war horses combined with modern issues - cutting, anorexia etc.
    Oscar Wilde's book "The Picture of Dorian Gray" is beautifully written, as are his other works. Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk is insanely good and his works are worth looking into in my opinion (:
    I'm sorry if none of these are really your thing, I'm all over the place with what I read and was trying to think of what I've read recently haha I adore reading as well.

hmm suggestions I have are:

Water For Elephants
    The Help
    Anything Jodi Picoult
    I'm reading the girl with the dragon tattoo and so far I love it.
    The Hunger Games

I have no idea if those are what you like but they're good ones :)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The Help was a really good read, one which made me go all over the place emotionally.. If you're a fan Dexter (on Showtime) I highly recommend the series by Jeff Lindsay. I'm currently reading The Namesake, as I loved the movie.. So far the book is good as well.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Deff. NOT fiction but I just got finished reading it, and feel compelled to share the title if nothing else, Blaming the Victim by William Ryan . . . Such an interesting concept to emerge from the 1970s, but even more relevant to those who understand the sociological structural implications that this book addresses
  • knight_owl
    Options
    Eleven by Mark Watson is fantastic! And Rant by Chuck Palahniuk is a good read as well.
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The Passage, by Justin Cronin. Also,this one is nonfiction, but Random Family by Adrian Leblanc is amazing, I would highly suggest it!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I just read "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides, and it was amazing. About to start "The Crimson Petal and the White"

Beyond that - I'm pretty consumed by my Microbiology book right now.
  • VinVenture
    Options
    Books you should read:

A Song of Ice and Fire - G. R. R. Martin (Book series, five books thus far, better known as Game of Thrones, the title of the first book)
    Neverwhere - N. Gaiman
    Fragile Things - N. Gaiman (Collection of short stories)
    American Gods - N. Gaiman
    After Dark - H. Murakami
    A Wild Sheeps Chase - H. Murakami
    Dance, dance, dance - H. Murakami
    The Dresden Files - J. Butcher (Also book series, modern fantasy, 13 books out I think? Begins with Storm Front)
    Discworld - T. Pratchett (Book series, approx. 35 books last time I checked. Laugh-out-loud hilarious books, fantasy)
    Metro 2033 - Dmitry Glukhovsky (Post-apocalyptic story set in Russia)
    Good Omens - N. Gaiman & T. Pratchett (double goodness :D)

Or in general, anything by Murakami, Pratchett or Gaiman is worth a read, they're all brilliant authors in their own respects.
  • hallo_chief
    hallo_chief Posts: 23 Member
    Options

hmm suggestions I have are:

Water For Elephants
    The Help
    Anything Jodi Picoult
    I'm reading the girl with the dragon tattoo and so far I love it.
    The Hunger Games

I have no idea if those are what you like but they're good ones :)

I've heard great things about all those books and was even planning to read them once I could get a hold of them. My english teacher my junior year loved Jodi Picoult as well (:

And I can't say the exact author but The Reader is a good book as well (: