1 week here...

Options
I've been here just a week and I must say the motivation and support is just wonderful. It really keeps me on track to log my food. Makes me think about everything I eat. Just wanted to say thanks.... Haven't felt so "powerful" in a long time. When life gets so crazy it is a good feeling to "control" one thing - your eating and exercise. :happy:

Replies

• Ravenlrd1
    Options
    do you you have any tips on how to get motivated?
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest - I first started working out and then I started dieting. I joined a great gym near where I live - I started with stretching classes and light exercises - and then after a few weeks I tried the harder classes - after Zumba, kick boxing I found Spinning and now Spinning is my "drug of choice".LOL I'm completely addicted. So after several months of not dieting but watching myself somewhat I felt it was time to really get serious about eating. I figured I was "killing myself" at the gym so it was time to really get serious about food. I started last Saturday logging every singe thing I was eating and it really helped. I wanted to eat some cookies but instead went into my closet to look at clothes that weren't fitting me. I set a goal in my head of what pants I want to wear by the end of the month - it is not easy but I am deteremined this time to finally get back to where I should be.

So to answer your question for me - it is logging your food and the "high" you get from exercise that motivates me. You must find something you like to do to work out and do it - even if you have to drag yourself to it....

I think you can find some really nice friends here that will push you too.
  • Ravenlrd1
    Options
    thanks so much for your advice I think I wanna try out tae bo billy blanks
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    It's great isn't it? I have recently started going to spinning too... loving it! Never thought sweat and pain could be addictive :p
  • Finally22
    Options
    I know sweat and pain is addictive for sure!!!
  • Finally22
    Options
  • Finally22
    Options

Definitely try it - but you gotta give it a chance at least a few times and if you don't like it - find something else you can do and that you will stick to!!!