Newbie!

Options
Hey everyone..
First day today logging everything - have about 60 lbs to lose in total; gained them over the past 3 years and now just have had absolutely enough lugging it around everyday. Sick of shopping for XL's and feeling gross about myself!

Im doing this so that my husband and I can have a chance at parenthood and for that I need to get my habits into check and start working out - the success stories on here are just absolutely inspirational and Im hoping that one day I can add myself to the success story list!

Looking for friends who can help motivate and challenge me through this, as I tend to lose sight of my goals VERY FAST!!

Goodluck to you all -

Replies

• capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You will enjoy this site, I joined a little over two weeks ago and find it very helpful. I'm down 5.5 pounds so far....add me if you like.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    this is a great site .. i love your name too
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I agree that this site is awesome!! Sending you a friend request... :)
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome you have made a great first step. Just remember how long it took you to put the pounds on that they don't come off that fast and shouldn't. Steady small goals. Start with a pound a week and small exercises. I did only 10 minutes a day the first week and then increased it to 15 and so on. It take about 21 days to form a habit so you want to make exercise, good nutrition and positive attitude a habit. Recording everything on here keeps you honest. I find when I record what I am going to eat for lunch then I stick to it. So plan ahead a bit. Don't get discouraged when you slip up, as long as you are setting good habits you will rebound quickly. So proud of you!