What Food Makes You Happy

Options
2»

Replies

• Johnny_Castle
    Options
    chocolate is neutral for me...pizza definitely makes me happy but I haven't had it for probably 2 or 3 months
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm smiling now with my belly full of a protein slushie made with water, 1 scoop of protein powder and about a cup of frozen mixed fruit, enough to make it really thick. It tastes great and I'm trying it as my alterative to binge on ice cream...
  • Inebriated
    Options
    Mangoes for sure.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Guess it's not all that healthy, but fresh pineapple. I could eat a whole pineapple if I really wanted to.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    ice cream
    freshly baked bread :-)
    chinese takeaway :-)
  • lorjill
    lorjill Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My favorite dinner ever.... salmon, aparagus drizzled with olive oil then broiled, and a sweet potato..Yum!!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    My favorite dinner ever.... salmon, aparagus drizzled with olive oil then broiled, and a sweet potato..Yum!!

sounds delicious :-)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up between sushi and coffee. Now that I've actually had *real* sushi, I'm addicted.

And nothing in the world is more comforting than a steaming mug of coffee, even in the dead heat of summer. Mmmm.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This:

Bcwhaleweb.3893101.jpg

Yesss. Me too!!! Sushi always makes me feel happy.
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    Sushi, seaweed salad, and meso soup.....I love it and don't feel too guilty while eating it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Lots of things (but I've never had much of a sweet tooth). Roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower. Blackened catfish. Green beans and mushrooms sauted in garlic and olive oil. Shrimp and broccoli stir fry with brown rice. Cajun red beans and rice.
  • When I'm eating my comfort foods (all unhealthy of course), I feel good while I'm eating it, but after I always feel bloated and lathargic. When I eat my fave healthy foods (grapes, sushi, wheat pasta) I always feel so much lighter, happier, and more energetic. I try to save the comfort foods for special occasions/holidays and eat as much of the healthy stuff as I can every other day of the year.
  • Sushi, seaweed salad, and meso soup.....I love it and don't feel too guilty while eating it.

I LOVE SUSHI!!! Even though some rolls can be high in calories, they are packed with protien and antioxidants. Seaweed is actually considered a "super food" because of the overwhelming amount of antioxidants and cancer fighting properties found in them! Sushi, sushi, sushi <333333
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Well of course anything chocolate (dark chocolate especially!) and I am always happy drinking my starbucks:)
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My salad:

Mixed baby greens (half the bag typically)
    5oz of chicken
    Half a cup of mixed veggies (I get the veggie medley at Trader Joe's - a bunch of chopped up veggies including green peppers, carrots, celery, and cabbage)
    1/2 an avocado
    3 strawberries or so
    hard boiled egg (sometimes)
    a little balsamic vinegar

Mmmmmm. I LOVE it!
    Apples and a bit of almond butter is probably my favorite snack :)